FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bug in IS Boxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gorthu

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 am

Bug in IS Boxer

Not sure where to report this, so just putting it here. Don't tell me to use IS Boxer to report it, because that is the problem. I'm trying to get setup to 4 box Vanguard. I did the wizard setup and now I'm messing around with the predefined keys. Specifically, the Follow Me and Target Me keys. While doing this I changed the action in Follow Me to "Do Target Me in Non-combat Key Map" --> other Follower (this is Group (others in): Follower.

The Target Me key is <Target Slot {SLOT}>->all.

the other message is complaining about the Target Slot -> all (i'm abbreviating here) being inconsistent with the action in Follow Me being "other follower"... Now I understand that is a problem. The BUG is: I can't get off that error window to fix it, nor can I close IS Boxer with using Task Manager. Shouldn't I be able to exit a error message and be able to FIX the error without closing out ISBoxer?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am

Re: Bug in IS Boxer

Following your steps, here's what I get...

To get rid of the warning message, I click either OK button OR the Cancel button (the Cancel button causing it to remain showing this Action, the OK button switching to whatever I clicked on). Depending on what I was clicking on to show the warning in the first place, I did manage to get it to appear twice, but nothing I would describe as "I can't get this to go away".

Then I can change the Target of this Do Mapped Key Action to Window:Current, and the message no longer appears when I click away.

Which part isn't working for you exactly?

And being unable to close ISBoxer using the Task Manager sounds like a pretty major problem since you should be able to terminate any process from the Processes tab (noting that you might have to click "Show processes from all users" to kill an Administrator program)
<<

Gorthu

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:58 am

I did both of those actions OK and Cancel. That's why I said it was a bug. :D

I tried to recreate it. It's working like you said, which is what I expected to happen. I don't know Lax. I'm running Windows 8 and I hate it. I'm using a Qosmio (Toshiba) laptop and I tell you...I'll never buy another Toshiba product. It could just have been my system screwing up. Thanks for the fast response.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Okay. Thanks for the information, I'll see what I can do to prevent it from breaking in the future

Return to General discussion