FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cataclysm: DirectX 11 Support?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Slats

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Cataclysm: DirectX 11 Support?

I noticed in the latest Beta Build Notes on WoWRaids that Blizzard is testing DX11 Support.

Is this something Innerspace/ISBoxer will be able to support or will you need some beta testers helping you out Lax?

Info taken from here:

http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/17179 ... 30th-2010/

<paste>

Graphics

* Experimental support for DX11 (can be enabled by passing ‘-d3d11’ on the command line or adding SET gxApi "d3d11" to the Config.WTF file).
* OpenGL Hardware Cursor support (can be enabled on the Video Resolution Panel).
* Improved water and lava rendering system (enabled by the Liquid Detail slider on the Video Effects Panel)
o 0 = Classic Water
o 1 = New Water (fake reflections)
o 2 = New Water (ocean has real reflection for terrain)
o These values are likely to change during Beta.

* Dynamic Sunshafts effect (enabled by the Sunshafts option on the Video Effects Panel).

</paste>
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Re: Cataclysm: DirectX 11 Support?

It is definitely something I will look into, people have been asking for DirectX 10 support for a while for other games as well.

However, since all of these games also support DirectX 9 and updating Inner Space to support the newer engines would be a lot of work, I may just build it for the new multiboxing software I plan to have available within a few months... so the release of that can stop slipping ;) (note: Same subscription as for ISBoxer, ISBoxer will still be available, and everyone can choose whether they want to use the new software or not)
<<

Slats

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Very interesting.

What does the new software offer over ISBoxer? And what made you write new software? Did Innerspace just need a revamp?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:46 pm

The Inner Space revamp actually predates ISBoxer but got pushed back in favor of making ISBoxer what it is today. The new software will use the new IS2 engine under the hood, as opposed to how ISBoxer works inside of Inner Space. There will be a number of advantages, including better support for more input devices (which also includes whatever spare USB keyboard you happen to have), using multiple computers will be less of a chore, some bugs will be eliminated, and some things I haven't announced yet. I do plan on making it possible to load your configuration from ISBoxer into the new software as well.

Return to General discussion