Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:52 am

[Suggestion] Step and Action insert

Hi Lax,

It's been a while :) Love all the updates that keep coming in. As always, I've been tinkering with ISBoxer and had an idea for a potential improvement. May I suggest added functionality for Keymaps under Mapped Keys, perhaps named "Insert Steps and Actions"? The use case is sometimes when a user has a mature setup and has keymaps containing repetitive mapped keys (e.g. targeted healing), and wants to insert some actions into a step or insert a new step altogether into a mapped key; he/she currently has to copy-paste the new step into each map key, or worse in the case of multiple new actions, recreate/copy-paste each action one line at a time into every mapped key or make a clone of the mapped key and modify targets after. However, if there is a section to create new steps/actions with abilities to:

1. Insert Step as Step <#> into all mapped keys
2. Insert action as Action No. <#> of Step <#> into all mapped keys
3. Insert action as Action No. <#> of Step <#> into all mapped keys of select keymaps?
4. Allowance for insertion into select mapped keys only? (low prio)

Conversely, a remove Step/Action from all Mapped Keys function would complement this quite well :). I'm thinking that the proposed section keeps a list of all insertions for future retration/deletion at a click and/or have the function as part of the context menu.

Of course, aesthetically and logically, it might come across as a jumbled mess to anyone else besides the one who made the keymaps :D but, as a user, I believe it would be a lovely feature to have in ISBoxer. I do understand, however, that doing so might be a monumentally tedious effort on the developer's part, so it's okay if this gets relegated in the priority list :lol:

Anyway, thanks for checking out my post!