FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

64 Bit Cliant

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Arryth

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:00 am

64 Bit Cliant

Will there be a 64 bit version update in the near future to support the new 64 bit wow client?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:10 am

Re: 64 Bit Cliant

While I may release a 64-bit version of Inner Space, near future is not how I would describe a potential release timeline. It would take many, many hours of development. Use the 32-bit client to multibox. :)

UPDATE: 64-bit client support is now available: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5450
<<

Igg123

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 am

Hopefully it will be sooner then later because the multiboxing forum could definitely use a boost in performance from the 64 bit client.

I've noticed a large increase in performance running a single client with 64 bit client vs. 32 bit client.
<<

Arryth

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Playin git with just one now with 64 bit. Lax will the performance boos be translatable to an Isboxer environment? Or should I not get my hopes up?
<<

Revoemag

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 am

As Inner Space and ISBoxer are external separate programs to WoW, I would have thought the client being 32 or 64 bit would not have been a material difference? ISBoxer certainly should not be affected.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 am

UPDATE: 64-bit client support is now available: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5450

Revoemag wrote:As Inner Space and ISBoxer are external separate programs to WoW, I would have thought the client being 32 or 64 bit would not have been a material difference? ISBoxer certainly should not be affected.

Umm.. right, ISBoxer Toolkit itself is 100% unaffected because it has nothing to do with the wow.exe process.

However, Inner Space must launch the game and integrate itself into the game process to replace parts of Windows. It only replaces 32-bit parts of Windows, and has zero support for 64-bit parts of Windows. (64-bit Windows includes both 32-bit and 64-bit portions).

It's a huge amount of work, and brand new research, that would have to be done in order to specifically support 64-bit game clients, and I've already got a lot of work on my plate at the moment. So this might happen, but the timeline is on the order of weeks to months, not on the order of "hey if I ask on here maybe I can multibox with the 64-bit client next week" ;)

Lax will the performance boos be translatable to an Isboxer environment? Or should I not get my hopes up?

I am going to tell you not to get your hopes up simply because I don't have an ETA to give you.
<<

Arryth

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:30 am

I totally understand mate. This stuff takes time and work, and am not expecting quick results. I'm just excited on how much better wow runs in 64 bit then it did in 32 on my computer. You keep doing what you have been. It has all been great and I a happy customer irregardless. I imagine you would almost have to rewrite your program to run with the 64 bit... not a small task I am sure.

My main question so far was not so much WHEN it would be done, as im sure it will be months (If ever), but more of a "Is it worth doing? Question. Would the performance boost to single transfer to one for multiboxing?

Thanks for doing what you do. :) I love Isboxer and Innerspace.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 am

If your CPU and/or GPU need to work less hard for each instance (thereby increasing performance), I would expect similar benefits while multiboxing, yep.
<<

tanker

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:19 pm

lax wrote:If your CPU and/or GPU need to work less hard for each instance (thereby increasing performance), I would expect similar benefits while multiboxing, yep.

I suspect the performance gains in WoW64 are from loading more models/textures/etc into memory instead of reading them from disk as needed. If this is the case, the memory requirements per client will explode and you will lose performance unless you have tons of unused memory.

An interesting feature to add to Innerspace64 would be the ability to limit the client memory size (assuming windows will let you do that.)
<<

Stok3d

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

I would think this would be a priority of yours as I'm sure WoW is your cash cow and we are paying customers.

To put it simply: A 32bit program is limited to 2GB of address space. A 64Bit is given 4GB right off the bat. Tying the higher address space to performance, some gains may be noticed if the developers decide to use spare memory for other reasons. For example, a computer with 16 GB of memory may have plenty of RAM to spare. A 64-bit application could use some of that extra memory for caching purposes and the like, shortening load times and possibly increasing framerates.

Yes I have WIN 7, 16GB RAM, and I do run 5x WoW instances on my custom built Top End gaming machine. This 64bit version will probably be a serious performance enhancement for me.

When I read the comment of
lax wrote:So this might happen
I was compelled to create an account and provide you my 1 opportunity for my personal quality feedback. I say 1 opportunity because if a 64bit program doesn't happen this will be the last you hear from me and the last of my referrals, renewals, and championing of this product. I'm sure someone else will capitalize on this shortcoming.

Thanks in advance for your efforts and understandings.
Last edited by Stok3d on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next

Return to General discussion