FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

64 Bit Cliant

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Arryth

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: 64 Bit Cliant

Stok3d wrote:I would think this would be a priority of yours as I'm sure WoW is your cash cow and we are paying customers.

To put it simply: A 32bit program is limited to 2GB of address space. A 64Bit is given 4GB right off the bat. Tying the higher address space to performance, some gains may be noticed if the developers decide to use spare memory for other reasons. For example, a computer with 16 GB of memory may have plenty of RAM to spare. A 64-bit application could use some of that extra memory for caching purposes and the like, shortening load times and possibly increasing framerates.

Yes I have WIN 7, 16GB RAM, and I do run 5x WoW instances on my custom built Top End gaming machine. This 64bit version will probably be a serious performance enhancement for me.

When I read the comment of
lax wrote:So this might happen
I was compelled to create an account and provide you my 1 opportunity for my personal quality feedback. I say 1 opportunity because if a 64bit program doesn't happen this will be the last you see of me and the last of my referrals, renewals, and championing of this product. I'm sure someone else will capitalize on this shortcoming.

Thanks in advance for your efforts and understandings.

Overly harsh much? They JUST released it off of beta.. I mean we have not even had it available to play with for three days. So respectively chill. Lax is awesome and so is ISboxer.
<<

Stok3d

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Arryth wrote: Overly harsh much? They JUST released it off of beta.. I mean we have not even had it available to play with for three days. So respectively chill. Lax is awesome and so is ISboxer.

My comment was made purely from a business perspective and reading it in that context should bring appreciation from the author of the program. I am a paying customer and am providing feedback before I take the next step of looking elsewhere. As a result, Lax should actually seek out this type of honesty (good or bad) from his customers.

I know nothing of Lax, his personal life, or anything else for that matter. I do know I purchased a program, read about a HUGE performance impact for WoW users that box (I know on my machine it will be a big deal), found this disappointing thread to see if ISBoxer was compatible with it, and provided my fb. Hopefully Lax is a business minded individual and can appreciate quality replies other than "dude you're awesome, but sorry bro something else came along that's better--peace!" or even worse--providing none before canceling my renewal.

good day.
<<

Tin

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:13 pm

where are you going to look :shock: !!!!!!

Y know ISboxer support more games that Wow, and what other MMO have a 64-bit client ??
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:45 pm

I would think this would be a priority of yours as I'm sure WoW is your cash cow and we are paying customers.
I was compelled to create an account and provide you my 1 opportunity for my personal quality feedback. I say 1 opportunity because if a 64bit program doesn't happen this will be the last you hear from me and the last of my referrals, renewals, and championing of this product. I'm sure someone else will capitalize on this shortcoming.

What the hell is this? I put my soul into this for the last 8 years, don't give me this bullshit like I only support WoW and I don't do development. You can take your "cash cow" statement and shove it up your ass.

You know WoW has been out for like 6 years now, and they just released a 64-bit client? (Where was your rage that if they didn't release a 64-bit version you're looking for another MMO!) And now you are demanding that I make replacing huge portions of Inner Space 1 to work with the 64-bit WoW client my absolute top priority, or 6 months from now when your subscription is up you're done? Then you're done, just go. I see no referrals, renewals, OR championing. Good luck on your search for a product capitalizing on Inner Space's lack of 64-bit support.

Hopefully Lax is a business minded individual and can appreciate quality replies other than "dude you're awesome, but sorry bro something else came along that's better--peace!" or even worse--providing none before canceling my renewal.

I don't know what kind of quality you think you posted, but I think you're wrong.

I'm locking this thread before it gets more "quality feedback" like this. Thanks guys for the request. 64-bit client support is not coming very quickly because it requires a monumental time investment. I am aware that it would be beneficial for games that provide a 64-bit client, like World of Warcraft. It "might" happen in Inner Space + ISBoxer because Inner Space 2 and ISBoxer's replacement have been in development for some time. It would be silly for me to rewrite most of Inner Space 1 just to support 64-bit clients, when it has already been rewritten for Inner Space 2.
Previous

Return to General discussion