FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to setup seperate boxing sets to play at different times

Moderator: MiRai

<<

shppp

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 pm

How to setup seperate boxing sets to play at different times

I am having trouble setting up separate boxing setups. I first setup 4 ele shamans, and have leveled them to 83, and now want to start my 4 hunters. However, my keymaps for FTL are bound for my shaman and I wanted to make different ones for my hunter (for example g is interrupt on round robin for my shammies, and g would be an ability not on round robin). So what I did was delete the FTL Dps hotkeys in the top pane, after I copied and pasted them into Character sets, and realized, I cannot go back and edit these in any way. So two things, how do I get the default FTL DPS hotkeys back in the top pane since I deleted it, and how can I possibly set up ISboxer for different sets of characters played at different times? I checked around on the forums and couldn't find anything so if you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Here is my config btw if that helps!
http://www.privatepaste.com/1b201a5dc0
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: How to setup seperate boxing sets to play at different times

Rerunning the Quick Setup Wizard will create a new Character Set and assign it the default Key Maps. I'm also pretty sure that if you wish to "repair" an existing character set, you can also do that by running the Quick Setup Wizard and giving it the names of the characters in your current character set and the same Character Set name.

As far as having the same keypress resulting in different behaviour for different Character Sets, there are a number of ways of doing this. You can make new Key Maps (one per character set) that only have particular character sets that they work for. Or you could use Action Target Groups and multiple Actions per Mapped Key (with different ATGs as Targets).

Anyway, the above should get you started.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am

Use the wizard, and make a dummy character set and have it generate the mapped keys for you.
Then you can drag them down, to apply to whatever teams you want them to.

One thing I like to do, is to copy the default FTL DPS Keymap.
And rename it after the current character set.
Then delete (via clicking on the Character Set, in the top left pane... and deleting in the bottom left pane...) every Keymap except Control + General + The_Set_Specific_Keymap.

Then left click on Key Maps (in the bottom left pane, while still having the character set selected in the top left pane under character sets).
That shows you which Key Maps apply to the team.
Click the option "White List", and then click (highlight in blue) every Key Map that you want to apply to the team.
Anything not selected under White List cannot load for this team.

Now you have a copy of FTL DPS keys that apply to this team only.
And Control, which applies to all teams always.
And General, which applies to all teams, but only when Key Maps are active.

You need to modify (in the Control Keymap), the "Activate Maps" mapped key.
Expand it, and set your newly created and team specific Key Map to activate on Step 1.
The easiest way to do this, is to copy General Key Map On, and then edit it (the copy) to refer to the newly created Key Map.
Change the Key Map to the new one.
And the target to your character set.
Then do the same, for Step 2, which is Key Map off.

The copied FTL DPS can then be modified however you like.
And it won't impact your other teams.
You can have "4" as a round-robin key for one character set... say Power Infusion on Disc Priests.
And on another character set, its a Send Next Click to everyone... say Force of Nature, for a Boomkin team.
And on another character set, it might be a round-robin + send next click... targeting your DK action target group for both actions... say for Death & Decay.

General is things that apply to all teams.
Such as Shift F10 is "use ground mount" for all of my teams.
As Shift F2, is click the enter/leave battleground macro.
Anything here, as with anything in the FTL section, can be deactivated via the Control mapped key.

Control is made up of things that are always on.
Such as switching from one character to another, via pip switch (keyclone terminology)... either hotkey or clicking in their region.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

shppp

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate it

Return to General discussion