FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

what I learned today

Moderator: MiRai

<<

angeldogsuit

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:17 pm

what I learned today

I learned that even though the repeater key is not clicked on - repeating can still happen.

As I was having the fleet return to me in one system about 10 clicks away - and got jumped on in an incursion channel for answering a noob's legitimate questions with serious answers instead of the trollish crap offered by others, and got in a little tete' au tete' with someone who thought he owned the public channel, I later found out that even though the repeater key was not clicked on and green, the five other guys in my fleet repeated my posts in the chats across 10 jumps - really looked bad when all five were in the same system..... POOF! Five identical comments from 5 different players all at once - i can only imagine the petitions that will generate in Eve :(
<<

Kaische

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: what I learned today

Yeah, i think this happens to everybody at least once :D

I suggest you add in the step of your repeater hotkey a visual aid to see if it is on or off. A few month ago Alge posted a nice example.

Or use a Action Timer to display a blinking notice on the screen :)

Hope this helps.
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: what I learned today

Thanks for the reply!

I've never played WoW, at least not yet, so the windows in your example are wayyy more colorful than I'm used to and sport all kinds of things I'll have to learn to understand.

I think I solved it today by just minimizing all chat windows except the hot seat character. I know I went right away to re-ignite the cursors in every window - foolishly thought they would be unnecessary...

Apparently, I did not get petitioned! No evil looking evemails from a Game Master and I can still logon. Thankfully, I travelled through some relatively barren solar systems whilst offering snarky remarks to a troll with my main cahracter and to just anyone who was mining and minding their own business. Probably, anyone would just see it and think, "not sure who pissed off those guys, but it sure brought a uniform response from them!" Only thing is - all five have the same last name and only my main character has a totally different name. I know there are ppl in eve who would petition after seeing that and thinking some cheating was going on. Fortunately, none of them were around to see it.

I know this might go the opposite way of Lax's desire to build a customer base, but I'm liking that most ppl in Eve have no clue. I'll never lie and will always point anyone who questions me to ISBoxer, but let them dig for it.

Again, thanks - and here in the Great NorthWET of the USA, I'm going to open that colorful link on every cloudy day, so that will be about 99% until summer!
Fly safe - err whatever safe!

Return to General discussion