FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Suggestion] ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 am

[Suggestion] ISBoxer

Something that crossed my mind last night were 2 possible additions to the Wizard.

1) In the Window Layout portion of the Wizard perhaps give users the ability to choose a pre-existing Window Layout. I realize they can
already choose "No Window Layout" and then drag and drop an existing one there but... just thought I'd throw that out there.

2) When running the Quick Setup Wizard, I was thinking maybe the first window that pops up could have 2 options:
     A) Alter an existing Character Set
     B) Start fresh

When altering an existing Character Set each step would already have the information entered and they could click 'next' until they got to
the step where they wanted to change/alter something. Who knows... maybe for JMB. ;)
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:06 am

Re: [Suggestion] ISBoxer

This may be an old thread, but not to noobs like me.

I have a suggestion for the wizards page - perhaps whenever you mention the wizard menu, it could linked to the menu? I have been clicking on every instance of the word "wizard" but all that has gotten me is either a hop back to the last page where I clicked the word "wizard" or it has hopped me to a picture of the wizard I so desperately seek.

Actually, I have accidentally found it twice but have been unable to repeat whatever magic it took. I've slept since then.

I know just about everybody reading this will say something to my noobness and follow it up with, "all he had to do was this and then that". Well, I've think I've done plenty of this and that. I'm old and looking at pictures of where I want to go is not on my bucket list. Perhaps, when I hover my cursor over the third and largest picture of my destination, maybe yet another little hand could pop up and say, "Hey your geezer nubness - what you seek is over here!"

Now that I've had my little rant - ok, so its not so little... I know as soon as I hit the post button, the dog will have to go outside and the cat will walk over the keyboard and find it for me, again.

I actually had the repeater key thingy working for me as I was opening a can of solo whoopass on the level 5 mission rats, but ... That was on my primary gamer and about that time was when the power unit experienced a little fire and few loud pops. I'm waiting now to see if the one month old GTX560Ti that was pretty hot is still alive, or maybe it is ok and the other one that was cold is dead, or it was suicide pact and they are both gone. Their specs called for 750, so I thought 850 PU was enough.

This old gamer (my back up computer, that is) is less abled, but during Incarna, some old Army buddies who play Eve with me were visiting and we had 17 instances going - well, they were sitting in the stations anyway. But they are old guys like me, so all of our space ships were sitting the stations, with a turn signal light on.

oh yeah, the rats took advantage of the power unit fire by eating three Vindicators, but thank goodness the cheap bleep basilisks got away. Oh how I would have complained if I had lost the basilisks! I was so lucky to only have lost the three Vindis and nine t2 rigs, and 24 t2 neutron blasters, and a couple dozen other minor T2 and officer things.

I petitioned it because I never get tired of having the GMS remind me that "space is harsh and dangerous place." It seems it is also a very cloudy place based on their new nebulae renderings - I've seen a lot of Hubble space pix and keep waiting for a space cloud.

Dog is looking at me with "that" look and cat is licking her paws, so for a guy my age, that means I'm about to get lucky... and find the page, the wizard menu page.

Thanks, if ya made this far...
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:14 am

Re: [Suggestion] ISBoxer

Damn Cat!

Return to General discussion