FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with something preventing IS from loading wow.exe

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hotnutz

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:14 am

Problem with something preventing IS from loading wow.exe

Hello and thank you for taking a look at my issue.

I am having a problem when trying to load my charset thru IS. When I load wow.exe normally it loads up and connects just fine. When I try to load it thru IS I can see in my CPU meter that it tries to run it but just stops with no error message or anything. In the IS console I get the following:

01:20:17 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'Mages'
01:20:17 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
01:20:17 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'Mages' are valid...
01:20:17 ISBoxer: Good!
01:20:17 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'Mages' ...
01:20:17 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Example'
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe"
01:23:17 ISBoxer: Character from Set 'Mages' not fully launched after 3 minutes. Select
again to continue launching additional slots.
01:23:17 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.

After running Hijackthis and then checking the DLL's with the processes (while running wow normally) I found a DLL from Avast Antivirus, it was there again even with the avast shields disabled, so i completely uninstalled the program to make sure it wouldn't load. I then re-ran everything to comfirm the DLL from avast wasn't being loaded with wow.

I then tried again to launch my charset with IS and got the same result of it not loading the wow.exe

The following items are the Hijackthis log and then the log of the processes with DLLs, without avast installed.

http://privatepaste.com/c5b3ca15eb
http://privatepaste.com/8c39ab4568

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I did see another post here in the forums from back in July where someone had the same issue and the problem had something to do with a security update for windows. Maybe this helps.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 am

Re: Problem with something preventing IS from loading wow.exe

2192 C:\Windows\PromptService.exe 1.6.0.0 NewSoftwares.net,Inc.

I don't know what this is but it sounds super shady. Can you try shutting that down?
<<

hotnutz

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:10 am

It is for a program of mine called folder protect, I have various data that needs password protected in an encrypted folder. That's weird, it wasn't assigned to encrypt any folder related to wow or IS but when I shut it down, IS loaded everything just fine....
<<

hotnutz

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:34 am

Anyways lax I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to look into this, and I appreciate the time and dedication you put into your software. ISBoxer is amazing.

Return to General discussion