FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Humble Suggestions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mo_ron

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Humble Suggestions

I still love your software. It's amazing. I have almost as much fun fooling with my config as I do actually multiboxing.

I have a few suggestions that are very petty in the overall scheme of things. They do nothing to increase the functionality of the software in as far as multiboxing. If you have a list of things you want to do, you put these all the way at the bottom ;)

1. I would love to be able to create my own category hierarchy to the various objects in. For instance, instead of opening up the 'Key Map' node and seeing a list of Key Maps, how about a list of general categories. Then you could open up those nodes to see either sub categories or actual key maps, depending on how the user has things organized. This could be applied to characters, action target groups, key maps and mapped keys within a key map.

2. Most lists have a context menu where you can select 'Sort'. How about a program option where you could check a box and on any rename/node addition, the parent node automatically sorts.

3. Some things automatically sort, like the virtual key map mappings for a character. It would be great if the Key Maps for a character could either be manually sorted or sorted automatically.

4. If you have a 'Step' selected under steps for a mapped key, you can select 'Copy Step to Clipboard'. You can then right click on 'Steps' and select 'Paste Step from Clipboard'. Currently, the tree rerenders and the mapped key is collapsed. It would be great it the tree rerendered and ended up with the mapped key open, the steps node open and the first of the newly pasted steps was highlighted.

Keep up the great work!
<<

Ughmahedhurtz

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Humble Suggestions

mo_ron wrote:2. Most lists have a context menu where you can select 'Sort'. How about a program option where you could check a box and on any rename/node addition, the parent node automatically sorts.

4. If you have a 'Step' selected under steps for a mapped key, you can select 'Copy Step to Clipboard'. You can then right click on 'Steps' and select 'Paste Step from Clipboard'. Currently, the tree rerenders and the mapped key is collapsed. It would be great it the tree rerendered and ended up with the mapped key open, the steps node open and the first of the newly pasted steps was highlighted.

Glad I searched before I made these suggestions. #4 was particularly annoying tonight when trying to set up several multi-step keys.

Seconded!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I wanted to wait until I had a solid answer for you.

#1 is part of the implementation of Joe Multiboxer, and will not be available for ISBoxer due to the vastness of the change

#2 could potentially be implemented in ISBoxer in a future update but will not be in the initial ISBoxer 39 release

#3 and #4 have been implemented for ISBoxer 39, due later this week (or catch me in the chat room for a preview download). Most things you can assign to a Character or Character Set (Key Maps, Click Bars, ATGs, WoW Macro Sets) can now be reordered via alt+up/down or right click, move up/down. And the Steps pasting issue was due to some generic code for pasting them, which has now been replaced with code specifically for pasting Steps and the newest (bottom-most) Step added will be selected by default after pasting.
<<

mo_ron

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:40 pm

That sounds great about Joe Multiboxer! Is it like IsBoxer v2? Or a whole different approach to how we multibox?

I've thought of a few more things that I would find handy. But because they have never been done makes me wonder if not many people would use it and thus not worth your time.

Virtual Buttons on Click Bars

I would love the ability to use click bars with the virtualization functionality you have with mapped keys. I just posted a screenshot in the screenshot forum showing my layout. You'll see my click bars on the left. An example of how I would use this would be for each character to have it's own button in a click bar. Then as they are going through their rotations, I would display the next skill which will be executed. If the mob we're burning down is almost dead and their next skill is a big one with a long cool down, I'd like to know that so I could skip that skill.

There is no way to control this in a generic way. In one character set, Toon A might be in the 4th slot so I'd want his next skill to be displayed in the 4th button in this click bar. But on a different set, he might be in a different slot so his skills should appear in the corresponding button. I guess I could duplicate the rotation mapped key once for every slot for every character but that would be a nightmare to maintain. If I could virtualize a button, I could set which slot each toon is in the initialize mapped key for each character set and have the rotations just point to the virtual button. Hope all that makes sense . . .

Variables

The use I have for variables is in the creation/showing/hiding of video feeds. I control the creation of all of them from within my script as opposed to inside of the GUI. Currently I have 7 or 8 feeds per client. What I have in mind is being able to set a variable on the initialization of a character and set this variable to his name. We'll say his name is Bob. I then run a 'Do Mapped Key' which is this central mapped key which creates video feeds for clients. The first action creates a video feed and has all of the size/dimensions set because all of the UI's are the same. But for the name I am able to build the name of the feed using 1 or more variables. No idea how you would have the interface reflect this. But I'd like this first feed to be "@CharacterName + 'xp'" which would combine the variable @CharacterName with the string 'xp' to create a feed called 'Bobxp'.

This would allow me to add a new feed in one place and have all 14 characters receive this feed. This could also be used when creating viewers and well as hiding and showing sets of viewers.

View with Repeater

A few months back, you added the ability to have a viewer also function as a repeater which was really awesome! I'm wondering if we could have an alternate way it works though, like a different mode. Currently, if the target of the repeater is set to all windows except current, the window with the video source will get the click relative to where the feed is coming from. All other clients will get a click based on where the viewer is on the window which was actually clicked. What I would like, is a way to get the clicks to pass through to the other clients based on the location of the source instead of the viewer. So if my viewer is on the top left part of my screen and the source is on the bottom left, when I click the top left of my main screen on the viewer, I'd like all my other clients to get clicked on the bottom left where the source is.

Keep up the awesome work!

Return to General discussion