FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Video drivers crashing (Youtube+WoW)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

runtu

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:56 pm

[WoW] Video drivers crashing (Youtube+WoW)

Howdy!
So I bought new computer for 10boxing, and it's all awesome as it should be ;) Tho, one problem there is and happens everytime:

I've been 5boxing let's say 3 hours straight, and I open up Firefox 4 (or it has been running on background) and I select some song to play from Youtube (embed or from song site).
Youtube loads up the song for half a second, and then it frozes and Cataclyst Control Center tells me that Video drivers have stopped working but recovered, also WoW-clients does not function any longer.
Sometimes WoW-clients throws me instantly "have encountered an error, report to blizz yes/no".. sometimes they work but without picture.
If I activate any WoW window, and spam Arcane Explosions, I hear the sounds etc, but there is no screen, since the drivers reset.

Well, I can reproduce this issue any time I want, however if I load up 5 WoW accounts without ISBoxer/innerspace, then also Firefox with flash stuff works like a charm.
Naturally I could reinstall CCC, but I have latest drivers, and wouldnt want to start the downgrade-upgrade-stuff on 3 days old Win7 install. ;)

About the video cards, I have 2x 6950HD from Sapphire installed, with crossfire bridge. I don't think this issue have anything to do with it, but anything is possible. I still think it might be a tad far-fetched.
Last edited by runtu on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

runtu

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: [WoW] Video drivers crashing with ISB.

might be Youtube's hardware acceleration actually what might cause this. Going to check that out now :P

edit: yeah I disabled Hardware Acceleration in Youtube, and now everything works again!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: [WoW] Video drivers crashing (Youtube+WoW)

runtu wrote:About the video cards, I have 2x 6950HD from Sapphire installed, with crossfire bridge. I don't think this issue have anything to do with it, but anything is possible. I still think it might be a tad far-fetched.

Turn off SLI or Crossfire, it only hurts multiboxing. This is no secret and has been addressed in several threads in both these forums and
http://www.dual-boxing.com.
<<

runtu

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:28 am

MiRai wrote:
runtu wrote:About the video cards, I have 2x 6950HD from Sapphire installed, with crossfire bridge. I don't think this issue have anything to do with it, but anything is possible. I still think it might be a tad far-fetched.

Turn off SLI or Crossfire, it only hurts multiboxing. This is no secret and has been addressed in several threads in both these forums and

I have read this a lot, but no-one have ever told how does it hurt?

All I know that with certain video drivers you may experience some texture flickering on WoW when you have Crossfire turned on, but that's it. Seems no biggie.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:04 am

runtu wrote:
MiRai wrote:Turn off SLI or Crossfire, it only hurts multiboxing. This is no secret and has been addressed in several threads in both these forums and

All I know that with certain video drivers you may experience some texture flickering on WoW when you have Crossfire turned on, but that's it. Seems no biggie.

Your mileage may vary. If you're not having performance/stability issues, then by all means keep it enabled (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)

For the most part I believe it's been driver issues. Neither SLI nor Crossfire used to work in windowed mode and would just end up making people crash while not using the second GPU. I think SLI is supposed to work in windowed mode now, not 100% sure on Crossfire.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:41 am

lax wrote:
runtu wrote:
MiRai wrote:Turn off SLI or Crossfire, it only hurts multiboxing. This is no secret and has been addressed in several threads in both these forums and

Your mileage may vary. If you're not having performance/stability issues, then by all means keep it enabled (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)

For the most part I believe it's been driver issues. Neither SLI nor Crossfire used to work in windowed mode and would just end up making people crash while not using the second GPU. I think SLI is supposed to work in windowed mode now, not 100% sure on Crossfire.

I'll be honest, when I had my GTX 570's 2 months ago I did try out SLI with a team and I didn't immediately notice any performance
hit. I didn't test it any further than that now I'm slightly interested to pickup a second card to further test this out. Although, I will
be let down if I don't really get anymore performance out of it. Guess i could just RMA the card if it doesn't do much but... haha
that's at least $70 lost I won't get back in an RMA. :)

Return to General discussion