FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

one character broken FTL follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

entertheshaman

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:06 am

one character broken FTL follow

Hi i have 3 shamans that i am multiboxing.

Shamanomega
Shamanbeta
Shamangamma

Everything works perfectly except for one thing. I have bound the FTL follow to number key 1 (not number 1 but number key 1 the side keys on your keyboard that you can use with number lock)

Two toons respond to this correctly - but shamangamma will not autofollow the other toons - but he can send the auto follow to the other toons. I thought this might be a bind conflict from within wow but i unbound every single thing within the keybindings page in wow and shamangamma will still not autofollow.

here is the pasted link of my box set up.

http://www.privatepaste.com/5587734b1a

any help would be greatly appreciated it's really annoying how this one guy will not follow.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 am

Re: one character broken FTL follow

It would have been really helpful to leave your character names in your profile as that is a necessary piece of information for working out what is going on here.

My guess is that Shamanomega is in Slot 1 which has Left Shift as its FTL key. Numpad keys have a different behaviour with shift than most keys. Shift + Numpad1 is actually End, which is probably what causes this issue. You could bind something to End in-game to verify that.

To fix:

1. Go into your Character Set. For Slot 1, change the Morld of Warcraft FTL Modifer to something else, maybe Right Alt.
2. Save, export, test in-game.
<<

entertheshaman

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:38 am

http://www.privatepaste.com/a13faa6632

here is a paste with it all in. i tried changing the modifiers still no go. i can't work out what it is.
<<

entertheshaman

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:49 am

forgot to add its the shamantest character set. though even if i start a new blank set shamangamma will have the same issue
<<

entertheshaman

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 am

update: even when i bind the FTL auto follow to a key besides Num 1 Shamangamma will still fail to follow. i.e i bound FTL follow to 'G' and the others work perfectly but shamangamma as always will not follow any other toon. at this point i have unbound every single button inside wow key bindings and he still wont auto follow so i can't work out where the conflict might originate
<<

entertheshaman

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:37 am

ok i fixed the problem i deleted my WTF folder out of wow and reloaded everything. I don't know what the conflict was but that appears to have resolved it.

Return to General discussion