Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cetus

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am

Unable to log in to Everquest

Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (431.45 KiB) Viewed 2886 times

Hi all,

I started up my 6 character EQ team this morning. Everything worked fine until I entered my password. I made a screenshot of my error message and attached as a file here. Basically it says my password and username do not match.

I logged out and then went to my EQ icon on my desktop and was able to log all six accounts in, one at a time, from that setup. I also logged into all six accounts on the daybreak game website. So the accounts and passwords are fine.

I also tried logging in from innerspace with each character and still go the attached message. Everything worked fine yesterday. The only change I made was deleting some old character sets I don't use any more in ISboxer. I have not done anything with the character sets for months as I have been working on my main set very actively over the last week or so.

Any ideas? Did a lot of work based on videos on the isboxer website over the last week and was really enjoying the results yesterday
<<

Cetus

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:56 am

Re: Unable to log in to Everquest

Okay, I solved this one. I tried logging in one of my other character sets and it worked fine. So I went back to my primary and watched closely as I typed in the password. I have several numbers in my passwords and noticed that when I typed the numbers two or more *'s showed up. So I turned key maps off and it worked fine. So for some reason with the key maps on on this character set I get some random numbers generated when I use the number keys.

I did notice that my menu button corresponding to the number pressed lit up. Is there any way to start up the game with the menus and video fx windows turned off?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:47 pm

It is normal that you need to disable key maps when logging in. It is noted several times throughout the Quick Setup Guides. This is because mapped keys might be sending multiple keystrokes to the game, or even be remapped to other keys, especially the number keys that include Auto Assist if you selected to have that when setting up your team.

If you don't want any Key Maps enabled (well, you actually still need some, like the ones that enable/disable key maps), then there are a couple of ways of doing this, and it depends on your familiarity.
If you were to select the option for Key Maps start off, in the Quick Setup Wizard for your team, it would have set this option on the character set.
<<

Cetus

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks … that worked. Still learning the basics.

Return to General