FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WOW Classic - Questions?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sterger7

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:31 pm

WOW Classic - Questions?

Hi all...Just curious.

Does anyone know if this will work with the wow "classic" that comes out Monday? I'm betting someone at least tested this on the various stress tests? Is there anything I should know if so?

Also, does the classic wow have 'interact with target' as keymap? I forget it's been too long.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Re: WOW Classic - Questions?

Yes it works with Classic.

Yes, Classic has IWT. Vanilla (1.12) does not. Classic is not the same as Vanilla. Classic uses a much more modern game client, and includes a lot of features that were not available in Vanilla.

Classic does not have @focus, but other than that, is pretty much the same as retail, excepting the obvious gameplay/techtree type differences.
<<

sterger7

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Epic, thanks! I assume you just select 'world of warcraft' but change the client drop down to client and yer good to go..awesome awesome thanks!
<<

sterger7

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:17 pm

Actually...how would you 'launch' a character set for wow classic?

I know when I launch for a normal retail wow char set, it's because I selected WOW as the game, and itlaunches the 2 versions of wow. It doesn't go through the launcher, so no drop down list for the client. If I "launch" my char set, and then close down the 2 windows it opens, and re-launch the wow classic client would that work? People said classic works for this, but it's not really a game option so...trying to figureout before launch how to do this.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 am

If Classic isn't showing in Innerspace, you can add it yourself
http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_42:Deta ... nner_Space

Edit: oh yeah, forgot to add - you need to select WoW Classic in the drop down for each classic toon.

You can test it now, because although you can't log into game, you can get as far as the character generation screen. So you can at least make your layout, and test key maps by letting them 'type' in the character name field.
<<

sterger7

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Ok, the problem is wow classic is sipmly not an option in the drop down list for games for me like it is for you...am I missing something? A Patch, or something?

----------

figuredit out, ignore me, thanks a ton!
<<

Xyt

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:07 am

Mind giving some insight on how you got it to work? I added it but everytime I lauch my character set it starts in retail
<<

Wizeowel

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:31 am

@xyt

Right click inner space and go into configuration, double-check that the game profile points to C:\World of Warcraft\_classic_ (or whatever folder you've installed it to).
Then check in ISBoxer that each toon has the correct game and game profile.
Lastly, ctrl-S save and ctrl-E export to innerspace.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:29 am

Xyt wrote:Mind giving some insight on how you got it to work? I added it but everytime I lauch my character set it starts in retail

If you are selecting existing characters with the Retail game, or characters of the same name, without changing the Display Name value, you will need to change those characters game profile through the Character Properties. It is not clear, but the Wizard will not update the game profile of existing characters.
You can select each character in the top left of the toolkit and in the lower right change the Game/Game Profile to point to Classic.

If you don't actually have a game/game profile that points at Classic, use the Add Game http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Add_a_Game option to add one first. You may need to exit and reload the toolkit after adding a game to have the toolkit see it.
<<

Xyt

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:38 am

Thanks guys...I think I got it to work correctly. waiting in queue then will know for sure.

Return to General