FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

interact with target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sterger7

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:29 pm

interact with target

Multiple questions:

1: Will this work with WOW classic releasing in 1 week? I'd assume so.
2: Does classic interface (from stress test?) have "interact with target" like the retail does?
- AKA can you set this up to interact with the npc accept the quests automatically? and auto-loot a corpse by hitting the key?

3: My problem right now is, I just got the chars setup. my first main problem is. I setup interact with target to key binding "g" in game on both clients.
I then went and followed the instructions to enter the key "g" also in the interact with target macro in base hotkeys and exported it.

Now, the G that was working to interact before I used isoboxer suddenly does nothing. The key binding from isoboxer is overriding the G key (of course) but not actually doing anything on either client?...

----------

any1?

I guess my problem may or may not be specific to the interact with target as it is with the keystroke just not doing anything at all. I bound it to alt-g, which then made my g key in-game work again, but alt g doing nothing.

also..I've read about the move to target feature...but...cant' seem to find where that is, is that part of wow or is that part of the isoboxer code?

----------

Soo..watching some you tube videos about interact and move to target. It looks like move to target is integrated into interct within the isoboxer system.

My charactesr are casting spells via the 1-0 keys, follow is working, so I guess the first part of my problem is my interact macro is just not working in general. Perhaps I'm not setting it up correctly.

I went to keymaps - isb42 base hotkeys - interact with target - and in the hotkey section I put it to G (which matches my in game G).

The G in game keystroke actually works, but the moment I put G in the hotkey here, then try to use it, it overrides the in game and nothing happens at all.

----------

hah ok...progress....I had to bind this in 2 dif areas after watching some videos....wierd...so I think interact is working.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:07 am

Re: interact with target

sterger7 wrote:I had to bind this in 2 dif areas after watching some videos....wierd...

It's not "weird" that you have to assign two keys in ISBoxer:

1) The key you want to press
2) The key that gets sent to the game client

They can be the same, or they can be different.
<<

Darklord999

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:41 am

Hi All

I am new to the site and IS Boxer but have spend many hours watching setup videos on youtube thank you @MiRai

I am struggling with one thing though I cannot get the interact with target to work at all with Pro build. I tried Alot of methods but not 1 has worked for me.
Could anyone point me in the right direction or video that shows exactly how to configure this in pro build.

At this stage I created

1.ATG for melee added my chars in that needed to be in
2. In party Keymaps created copies of Standard and auto interact with targets renamed and changed target to Groups others in melee
3. Char sets and added the new interact with target melee to virtual mapped keys auto interact with target.

This does not work please help I have uploaded my profile for you.

I will continue to play with this I hope its something silly
Attachments
10 A Team Interact with target melee.xml
(266.5 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
<<

Darklord999

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:02 am

Hi All I figured it out. Thank anyway.
Now to make Manual assist alt 1 for ranged then 1 for melee. I dont like how the Auto assist behaves in game. I take it this is the best way to make sure your main (Tank) gets threat before the crew attacks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:07 am

as a general practice it is better to manage assist and iwt manually, especially when dealing with some of the more complicated multi target mechanics
<<

Darklord999

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 am

Thank You Bob.

My Profile is getting better every min. My trail is almost up and I have to say I am sold on this product I love it. Its a bit of a learning curve though to figure it out.

Return to General