FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with isboxer and lotro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

digideb

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Problem with isboxer and lotro

I have this running smoothly on one PC but am attempting to run it on another pc and cannot get it running.

Here is the basic profile I have set up...
https://pastebin.com/0aLihLjz

I have reinstalled lotro and isboxer. Lotro works on its own ok. With isboxer, I log into the lotro account and then shows a blank screen and "Lotroclient has stopped working".

I'm not quite sure what to do next ... any help please?

Debbie
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Re: Problem with isboxer and lotro

The problem wont be in your profile. It might be in a compatibility diagnostic.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

digideb

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:25 am

Here's the diagnostic report...

https://pastebin.com/qe8z1zwk
<<

bob

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 am

the two things that stick out there are
Code:
106. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amdihk32.dll [1.00.00.0000] [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] [AMD DVR]
4. C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Antivirus\x86\aswhook.dll [19.1.4.1587] [AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.] [Hook Library]

Both item are hooking the game, and may be causing the issue. You should try without these services running (I'm not sure where the AMD DVR comes from, but possibly the PlaysTV). For AVG an uninstall would be needed to test properly.
<<

digideb

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 am

We've tried uninstalling AVG (although the original PC works fine with it). No change, so it's back on there.

It does seem to be related to the ini files.
I created a new 3-man character set and tried it. 1st person did not load (window size loaded, all black, then crashed before any graphics showed at all, no splash screen even). I tried the 2nd person slot on its own and it worked. 3rd person did not. I edited the 1st person ini, copied the window geometry line from one of the others, and deleted the user information from the bottom, and it then loaded.
But on subsequent attempts, it does not. Something is updating the ini files so it no longer loads after a successful run.
Messing about with ini files such as removing all the user information in the bottom sometimes makes it work.
I've reinstalled Lotro and Isboxer.

Any ideas anyone?
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 am

So if you edit the ini file, save a copy of it, launch, exit, relaunch and it crashes, can you then take the ini file, compare it to the saved copy, and see what is different?

The only thing that should be updating those files is the game, so it becomes a question of what is being written that causes it to crash, and then why is it writing that.
<<

digideb

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:18 pm

We've done some more digging on this and have come up with the following.
Using ver 1.16 of Inner Space:
We edited (3-character set) the ini files so there was only one account per ini file.
We loaded these individually, one after another, using the character-set slot option and all worked.
Logged off, tried the same thing again, all ok.
Tried to log in using the character sets (semi-automated login) and it failed on the first login.

Uninstalled inner space and sourced an older 1.15 version, and just copied it into the x86 folder.
Set up another 3-character set as before, and it ran perfectly using the existing but same original base ini file ie userpreferences.ini that failed previously.

Interestingly as we essentially had a new file, the first character that we logged in played the lotro intro but the subsequent two did not (so the ini file must have changed for the 2nd and 3rd slot).

So its running ok on 1.15. We noted (afterwards) that on the release notes for 1.16 it is mentioned that ini files handling has been changed.

Return to General