FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Next Window feature randomly skips client windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bassai

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Next Window feature randomly skips client windows

Is there anything setup wrong that results in the "Next Window" feature just randomly jumping 2, 3, 8 windows forward? These numbers are not specific. It skips randomly.

It would be great if pressing Ctrl+N would advance the focus to the very next game client, every time.

Thanks.
Attachments
ISBoxer Next.png
ISBoxer Configuration
ISBoxer Next.png (56.59 KiB) Viewed 6087 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Re: Next Window feature randomly skips client windows

First, I would try switching to a Hotkey that doesn't use a modifier. If that doesn't change anything, then, with the Character Set running, open up the Inner Space Console (right-click tray icon > console > click on it to bring it to the front) and type "sessions" (without the quotes) to see how many sessions are running.
<<

bassai

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:44 pm

I changed the hotkey to NumberPad_9. The "Next Window" function continued to be erratic skipping. It doesn't seem to matter which keys are chosen for the hotkey to the "Next Window" function.

The console reads that there are 19 sessions running. There are actually 18 character clients running. The leftover session is likely the permanent home slot reserved for Slot 1?

Other than that, what else could be causing the random skipping of the "Next Window" feature?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 am

The console reads that there are 19 sessions running. There are actually 18 character clients running.

What is the other process in the list? That sounds like the problem here. Given that information, I can issue a fix and/or provide a workaround

The leftover session is likely the permanent home slot reserved for Slot 1?

No
<<

bassai

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Attached are 2 screenies of the Inner Space Console showing the 18 character clients and the remaining 19th session.
Attachments
IS Console 2.jpg
IS Console 2.jpg (145.86 KiB) Viewed 6043 times
IS Console 1.jpg
IS Console 1.jpg (142.67 KiB) Viewed 6043 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Okay. The easy solution here is to close that eve launcher :)
<<

bassai

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 pm

The EVE launcher has been what's been making me pull my hair out?!!! lol
<<

bassai

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 am

It is erratically skipping client windows again. The sessions command confirms that there are only 18 sessions running, one for each character client window.

One other odd behavior that I haven't mentioned yet is that sometimes, the main Slot 1 window will be minimized when I press the "Next Window" hotkey. All other thumbnails will still be in the correct positions. Where the Slot 1 window used to be, now I can see the underlying desktop and background windows.
<<

bassai

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Basically, when I click "Next window", the main slot 1 window minimizes. The thumbnails are still where they should be but the slot 1 is minimized and the other programs that have been running underneath the slot 1 window are now visible. I have to press Alt+Tab to get the correct client window back into slot 1 and in the foreground.

Does that help diagnose the problem?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm

bassai wrote:Basically, when I click "Next window", the main slot 1 window minimizes. The thumbnails are still where they should be but the slot 1 is minimized and the other programs that have been running underneath the slot 1 window are now visible. I have to press Alt+Tab to get the correct client window back into slot 1 and in the foreground.

Does that help diagnose the problem?

This sounds like an issue with your Window Layout.

Return to General