FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hard time figuring this out

Moderator: MiRai

<<

br0br1

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Hard time figuring this out

So i have been reading the forums and help topics and I am beginning to think I am incredibly dense for not understanding what others seem to pick up easily using this app.

What I am looking to do - so in case this is not possible.

Everquest 1 - 2 box SK - Shaman - SK leader

Shaman slows, debuffs and dots mobs - heals and buffs SK and self

What I understand - innerspace running, launch everquest - login to each account. After this not sure I understand the isboxer interface. I see both account screens as I had when I al tabbed between them. The keys to change between sessions from ISB appears to use ctrl - alt and 1 or 2 - my assumption is I could modify these but why bother with all this software if it takes more keysstrokes than alt - tab?

I was hoping that the shammy could key off audio queues or group messages to perform his functions. I think this is my first misunderstanding. Assumption is after SK pulls some queue lets shammy debuff, slow and then dot mob. Heal SK as necessary (or does he just heal over and over with no regard to health)

Do I need to manually invite to form the group? Yeah I know this is easy, just interested in what others do.

When I go one direction with my SK the shammy does the opposite - I found some articles and videos about the repeater function but I dont see how to turn it off.

I have seen one video where they use FX and align the interfaces between characters - seems a little advanced for me at this stage and I would be grateful to just understand the capabilites of ISB.

I appreciate any feedback and advice, I'm sure I will have a lot more questions.

Thank you

Br0Br1
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 am

Re: Hard time figuring this out

br0br1 wrote:What I understand - innerspace running, launch everquest - login to each account. After this not sure I understand the isboxer interface.
The interface for ISBoxer is fairly light in game. It is not a complete replacement. The toolkit is a configuration tool, which is mostly there for you to configure how you want keystrokes input to be handled. i.e. whether they should drop through to the active main, or whether they should be passed to some or all of the running game clients (and potentially remapped to other keys). There are other parts for visual overlays, which, by default you get the Toggle buttons for Broadcasting Enabled/Disabled, and KeyMaps Enabled/Disabled, and potentially an overlay for the in game action bar(s) if you happen to have selected that option in the Quick Setup Wizard (helpful if you are a clicker rather than a button pusher).

br0br1 wrote:I see both account screens as I had when I al tabbed between them. The keys to change between sessions from ISB appears to use ctrl - alt and 1 or 2 - my assumption is I could modify these but why bother with all this software if it takes more keysstrokes than alt - tab?
ALT+Tab requires you to cycle through the windows. When you are running 6 or more, it is nice to be able to press a key (or combination) to instantly bring a particular game to the main. This matters less to people with 2 games. That said, it would normally be recommended to bind something to the Next Window mapped key in the toolkit, rather than use the Windows switcher (Alt+Tab)which does a longer process which may end up resetting the graphics device which then can cause niggly issues (you could bind Alt+Tab to the Next Window mapped key, but that would require disabling it in Windows, because it's a global Windows hotkey and it would take precedence).

br0br1 wrote:I was hoping that the shammy could key off audio queues or group messages to perform his functions. I think this is my first misunderstanding.
Yeah, that sounds like automation, which is not what ISBoxer is about.

br0br1 wrote:Do I need to manually invite to form the group? Yeah I know this is easy, just interested in what others do.
You can create a mapped key for it so you would end up with a simple double keypress to do the invite. Becomes more handy with larger teams.

br0br1 wrote:When I go one direction with my SK the shammy does the opposite - I found some articles and videos about the repeater function but I dont see how to turn it off.
Using the toggle button overlay for Broadcasting (also called Repeater), or SHIFT+ALT+R is the default hotkey to disable/enable it.
<<

br0br1

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Hard time figuring this out

Thank you that helps a lot!

Return to General