FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Severe FPS drops when using ISBoxer software - WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gettinggnashty

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Severe FPS drops when using ISBoxer software - WoW

Good Afternoon,

I am a brand new multiboxer for Wow and only plan to run 3 accounts at one time. I followed the startup guide for WoW, created my 3 man team and left everything pretty much stock to get things started.

The accounts launch fine, but as the FPS for each quickly degrades when the next is launched. One account is left with about 2 FPS after all the toons are logged in.

I have tried most online suggestions:

Tried each game profile (Default/DirectX11/Launcher)
Disabled Instant Window swapping
Manually set the FPS limits
Removed all addons
Minimized graphics to the lowest setting
Uninstalled ISboxer and WoW for fresh installs

I should also state that I can run 3 graphically maxed WoW toons with no issue if I am not using the ISBoxer launcher.

Not sure where the problem resides in launching from the software, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached are two Hardware monitor logs while I am running 3 wow accounts:

Without using ISBoxing software (Maxed graphics, 3 accounts, FPS Normal, No Problems)
WithoutIS.txt
Hardware resources without using ISBoxer for 3 accounts
(31.89 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

With using ISBoxing software (Lowest graphics, 3 accounts, FPS plummets, Problems)
WithIS.txt
Hardware resources with using ISBoxer for 3 accounts
(31.88 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Compatability diagnostic: https://pastebin.com/wNY2d00s

**EDIT**

Added diagnostic.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Re: Severe FPS drops when using ISBoxer software - WoW

We would normally ask for a compatibility diagnostic, and I think you should get one as it may still be relevant.

However, the OHM reports are interesting as they show your CPU ~90%, RAM ~85%, GPU ~99% and VRAM ~95%. Not necessarily at the same time as you may not have reset the max stats between capturing the with/without IS, but certainly they are all showing that as the "current" values, at one point or another, which really points to something being a little odd, as I would expect a 3 man to be possible with that level of hardware (maybe not on ultra max, but certainly at a reasonable level).

So, the only real difference with ISboxer and not, is that when running game, ISboxer is specifically designed so games don't go into a "background" loop (i.e. most games will do less work when they are not the active window, ISBoxer prevents this - usually because the game wont receive input, or they don't render FPS quite the same), so they DO require more resources, that said, it does look like your system should cope based on the hardware, and it should not require level 1 settings (which actually pushes more onto the CPU).
<<

gettinggnashty

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:50 pm

I just added the diagnostic to the main post.

Would you like me to redo the OHM reports or Is there any suggestions on resolving this?

Thank you for your time.
<<

bob

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:57 pm

So, just for completeness.
As per Discord Chat.

Try shutting down Winsplit.
Maybe reinstall the Nvidia drivers with a custom install, and don't select the option for 3d Vision/Steroscopic, unless you really do have the 3d capable monitor and mandatory cool 3d glasses that go with it.
<<

gettinggnashty

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Sorry for the delay on this,

I completely uninstalled winsplit (Unusued) and did a clean, custom install of the Nvidia drivers while excluding the 3d and physX drivers. Turned computer on/off.

The issue persists.

OHM while running ISBoxer software on the 3 instances of WoW (Reset before logged):
WithIS.txt
OHM while using ISBoxer on 3 accounts of wow
(31.88 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

OHM while NOT running isboxer software on the 3 instances of WoW (Reset before logged):
WithoutIS.txt
OHM while NOT using ISBoxer on 3 accounts of wow
(31.89 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

And here is the compatability report: https://pastebin.com/uCNyaKdX
<<

bob

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Ok, so the next things to try would be

1. disable the Intel onboard GPU in the bios/uefi
2. disable the discord overlay (in the discord settings -> Overlay -> in-game overlay
3. disable the Xbox gaming bar (Windows -> Settings -> Gaming -> set everything to off, start at the bottom with Game Mode, and work up.
4. install PhysX (this is recommended for the few games that use it and it doesn't cause an issue).
5. in your WoW install folder, under WTF, find the config-CHARNAME.wtf files and delete them. They may be referencing the intel GPU, especially after looking at how your 970 is now doing 0% work on the Engine.
<<

gettinggnashty

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Good news!

One of those fixed it. Like yours, my assumption was the .WTF files and disabling the onboard graphics.

disabled onboard graphics Via Device manager > Display adapters > Disabling intel graphics
disabled discord overlay
disabled xbox gaming bar
I did NOT install the physics drivers. (was going to do it if this didnt work though)
Deleted ALL the configs in the WTF folder.

I also realized that one of my monitors was routed through the motherboard via HDMI, and was using the onboard graphics. I doubt that could have done anything but I installed a VGA in its place to the GPU.
Do you think this could have played a role in the issue?

Anyways, Thank you so much for all of your help. Much appreciated!

Dont know if they help you, but here is the compatability diagnostics after it started working:

https://pastebin.com/gbc8Ldrk
<<

bob

Post Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:48 am

gettinggnashty wrote:I also realized that one of my monitors was routed through the motherboard via HDMI, and was using the onboard graphics. I doubt that could have done anything but I installed a VGA in its place to the GPU.

Ah ha.
That in itself causes many issues when the game ends up rendering on one GPU and then displaying on a monitor that is run by a different GPU. One of the main results of this is a large FPS impact. Of course, the WoW wtf files are highly likely to try and align themselves with the monitor's GPU, so I think it is highly probable that the load was all trying to run via the Intel GPU.

So, yep, WTF files are most likely, and it is definitely well worth it to move all your monitors onto the NVidia GPU.

Return to General