FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Only one instance is being launched

Moderator: MiRai

<<

emmhor

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Only one instance is being launched

Hi All,

After browsing through a few post I simply cannot find the solution why the second instance is not being launched.

What have I done:
Setup the game in Inner Space and launched it > I see Innerspace details in the top left (FPS, etc)
Used Setup Wizard in ISBoxer to set everything up(Followed tutorial,my game was not listed Granado Espada)
Excuted through Character Set not indiviual character slot (tried both ways)
Tried -d3d9 parameter

Next step is to run diagnostics I gues but I'll need your help for that the examine the results.

PS The game doesn't want to run 2 instanced if you launch it without innerspace. Game only allows 1 instance.

Question: is a isboxer windows seen as a VM?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Re: Only one instance is being launched

emmhor wrote:Question: is a isboxer windows seen as a VM?
Yes, although a much lighter VM than other implementations. It is mainly about the input system.

emmhor wrote:PS The game doesn't want to run 2 instanced if you launch it without innerspace. Game only allows 1 instance
Unless ISBoxer knows what needs to be virtualised for the game, then you will probably be in the same position.

Most of the time this is a Mutex handle, which you can find from using a program like Process Explorer, running your game, finding the exe in Process Explorer, pressing CTRL+H to bring up the handles, and then scroll down that until you get to the Mutexes. Sometimes there will be an obvious one there with the game name in it. Sometimes they are not quite so obvious (and mixed in a bunch of other ones which are generated by parts of the Windows subsystem for other purposes). Anyway, once you have the mutex name, a virtual file can be created for it using the Virtual File Wizard, and see if that works. If not, then the process it uses is either different, or some other special handling is required.
<<

emmhor

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Thank you Bob for your reply,

I’m currently on a business trip I Will check once i’m back
<<

emmhor

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am

bob wrote:
emmhor wrote:Question: is a isboxer windows seen as a VM?
Yes, although a much lighter VM than other implementations. It is mainly about the input system.

emmhor wrote:PS The game doesn't want to run 2 instanced if you launch it without innerspace. Game only allows 1 instance
Unless ISBoxer knows what needs to be virtualised for the game, then you will probably be in the same position.

Most of the time this is a Mutex handle, which you can find from using a program like Process Explorer, running your game, finding the exe in Process Explorer, pressing CTRL+H to bring up the handles, and then scroll down that until you get to the Mutexes. Sometimes there will be an obvious one there with the game name in it. Sometimes they are not quite so obvious (and mixed in a bunch of other ones which are generated by parts of the Windows subsystem for other purposes). Anyway, once you have the mutex name, a virtual file can be created for it using the Virtual File Wizard, and see if that works. If not, then the process it uses is either different, or some other special handling is required.

I guess it is the Highlighted one
Attachments
2018-10-27_15h40_59.png
Which one would it be as mutant/mutex
2018-10-27_15h40_59.png (100.79 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
<<

emmhor

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 am

issue resolved It runs multiple instances now.

But why are my keyboard presses double click? when I type "X"the output is "XX"

Return to General