Character name variables

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FreindDaWirm

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:03 am

Character name variables

I have a character named: A52_Stermy
I have set the property "Actual Character name (if different)" to: Stermy

The {CHARACTER} variable seems to work correctly in World of Warcraft Game Helper Macros but not in Popups, Keymaps, Menus.

Using the {CHARACTER} variable in the text property of a popup text would give me "A52_Stermy" instead of "Stermy".
See my settings here: https://imgur.com/a/xHny7sM

Also when using the variable ${ISBoxerSlot1.Escape} in the "text" property of a menu button I get the name of the character but not the ingame character name.
See my settings here: https://imgur.com/a/42YoXvd

Am I using the wrong variables? Is there a list of all ${ISBoxerSlot1.XXXX} variables?

Thank you in advance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:12 am

Re: Character name variables

The Actual name field is not passed to the ISBoxer code. So the {CHARACTER} or {SLOTx} variables will use the treeview node name.

The only time the variables use the Actual Character Name is within WoW macros which is created by the Toolkit at Export, and it uses a special module which knows that it should use the Actual name.
<<

FreindDaWirm

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:49 am

I understand but this gives one variable two different results depending on the context.

Would it be possible to implement the variable {ACTUALCHARACTERNAME} for menu-button text, popups, etc?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 am

FreindDaWirm wrote:I understand but this gives one variable two different results depending on the context.
True, it does.

FreindDaWirm wrote:Would it be possible to implement the variable {ACTUALCHARACTERNAME} for menu-button text, popups, etc?
Not currently, because ISBoxer doesn't have any idea about what Actual Character name is, it also doesn't know what a few other settings are, which are only there to support other features of the the Toolkit, which is the configurator for ISBoxer. The WoW Addon generator knows that when it generates the addon, it should look at actual character name, and use it if it exists and is different to the treeview node name. It also knows that it should use ServerName if the characters are on different servers. This is purely because the Toolkit captures this information for the Addon Generator, and not for ISBoxer.

TL;DR; Not currently. More likely to be possible in ISBoxer2, which is where the new feature development effort is being directed.

Return to General