FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to reproduce some aspects of MiRai's setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fpsware

Post Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:56 pm

How to reproduce some aspects of MiRai's setup

Hi guys, I'm returning to multiboxing after a good year (or two) break. Before that I had been involved in multiboxing for a number of years, but in returning I'm starting from scratch and without my previous ISBoxer config.

I'm using the Pro setup as followed with the wizard and for the most part everything is working spectacularly well. I'm happy with the config and functionality and I now want to take things to the next step and add some "pretty" and some "smarts" to it. Specifically what I'd like to do is replicate MiRai's "Number" system (top left corner of each window) and the menu bar which allows you to change rotation.

I'm hoping to find specific examples on exactly how to do this, if someone could point me in the right direction I' be greatly appreciative.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: How to reproduce some aspects of MiRai's setup

They're a combination of two different things: Menus and Mapped Key Virtualization Actions.

First, you first need to understand how to create a Menu, attach a Button Set to it, and define Actions for those Menu buttons to execute. I would suggest looking at the Standard Menu created by the Wizard as an example for how that works. Second, the Actions that they would be executing are going to be Do Mapped Key Actions pointed at Mapped Keys which contain Mapped Key Virtualization Actions. I show off something similar in the third video of my Pro System series.

Unfortunately, there is no specific walkthrough for this, but as long as you're familiar with both of the above features, then it's just a matter of combining them. I will warn you that creating such a system beyond the basic Key Map on/off toggle becomes incredibly tedious because you have to continuously account for whatever other state everything may be in.

I thought I could provide a quick example, but I've already stripped some of it out of my profile since I'm doing a miniature overhaul, and I am going to revisit it in the near future so that i can approach things a bit differently.
<<

fpsware

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:34 pm

MiRai wrote:They're a combination of two different things: Menus and Mapped Key Virtualization Actions.

First, you first need to understand how to create a Menu, attach a Button Set to it, and define Actions for those Menu buttons to execute. I would suggest looking at the Standard Menu created by the Wizard as an example for how that works. Second, the Actions that they would be executing are going to be Do Mapped Key Actions pointed at Mapped Keys which contain Mapped Key Virtualization Actions. I show off something similar in the third video of my Pro System series.

Unfortunately, there is no specific walkthrough for this, but as long as you're familiar with both of the above features, then it's just a matter of combining them. I will warn you that creating such a system beyond the basic Key Map on/off toggle becomes incredibly tedious because you have to continuously account for whatever other state everything may be in.

I thought I could provide a quick example, but I've already stripped some of it out of my profile since I'm doing a miniature overhaul, and I am going to revisit it in the near future so that i can approach things a bit differently.

Thanks for your reply.

Going back a couple of years when I was multiboxing this was easy stuff to achieve, but taking such a long break its like I'm learning it all over again.

I'm confident I can replicate the rotation swap, but the individual number (top left corner) per character is something I'll need to have a thorough play with as the solution doesn't immediately come to mind. Are you achieving it with the same principle as the rotation swap Mapped Key Virtualization Actions?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:16 pm

fpsware wrote:I'm confident I can replicate the rotation swap, but the individual number (top left corner) per character is something I'll need to have a thorough play with as the solution doesn't immediately come to mind. Are you achieving it with the same principle as the rotation swap Mapped Key Virtualization Actions?

The numbers in the upper left are ten separate Menus (five for green, five for red), each using the same Menu Template, but assigned to ten separate Button Sets. Each Button Set has one button assigned to it with the corresponding image, and each Button Set which shares a color is set to perform one of the two Steps in my Key Map toggle Mapped Key.

Each Menu is then assigned to the particular character who could potentially populate that specific Slot in my Character Set.
<<

fpsware

Post Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:23 am

MiRai wrote:
fpsware wrote:I'm confident I can replicate the rotation swap, but the individual number (top left corner) per character is something I'll need to have a thorough play with as the solution doesn't immediately come to mind. Are you achieving it with the same principle as the rotation swap Mapped Key Virtualization Actions?

The numbers in the upper left are ten separate Menus (five for green, five for red), each using the same Menu Template, but assigned to ten separate Button Sets. Each Button Set has one button assigned to it with the corresponding image, and each Button Set which shares a color is set to perform one of the two Steps in my Key Map toggle Mapped Key.

Each Menu is then assigned to the particular character who could potentially populate that specific Slot in my Character Set.

You beautiful thing, you :)

While it took a considerable amount of deciphering of your description - my fault not yours - you did point me in the right direction. As a result its up an running just as I wanted.

Don't you just love when you spend an hour tinkering around with things and that moment it "just works" you're filled with joy :)

Thanks for your assistance.
<<

Hilkarus

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:29 pm

MiRai wrote:

Hi,

I tried to do the same but I cannot get things to work correctly.
First of all, how can I choose the green icons to be displayed ?
Second, how can I setup the buttons to swap to their red versions when the Repeater is activated ?

Thanks for your help.

FYI, Vert = Green, Rouge = Red

https://pastebin.com/vrp3gNeY
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 am

You still have an issue with menus in your profile. To fix, save your profile (and make sure you have a backup), open it with Notepad or similar, do a search for <MenuInstance /> (including the pointy brackets) and delete those entries (and the EOL if using something which shows it). Note, if you don't remove the EOL you may need to add the Toggles menu back to your character sets.

To get your menu to load initially, you could assign each appropriate menu to each character, OR you could create a mapped key, which uses Menu State Actions, and load the appropriate menu to each slot.
This Mapped Key then gets added to the Character Set under the Do Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded/reloaded.

Onto your toggle.
The Target of your Menu Button Actions should really be Slots, and not specific characters. It makes it more portable between character sets. Also, if ever doing any targets that involve named characters, then those character names should not have parenthesis.
Now, the fact you have two different menus for each slot, and you are trying to change between those menus, then really need to load/unload the menus (Menu State Action), rather than change the icon within it Menu Button Action). I think, from what I've seen so far, it would be better to use 5 menus (one for each slot), and use the Menu Button Actions like you have done to change the button image.

It is possible MiRai is doing something different with the 10 menus, or has some other nice handling around the unloads, but certainly when doing this myself, I've found it far easier to have a single set of menus (aka SlotRepeaterMenuXX), and use the Menu Button Actions to change things like images, rather than the Menu State Actions to load/unload different menus.
<<

Hilkarus

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Thank you very much bob for taking the time to explain in details, you're the boss :D

Return to General