FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Uninstall and fresh install

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jacksj1

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:30 am

Uninstall and fresh install

Having some problems I can't solve so want to try a fresh install and clean config.

Is it enough to delete the ISBoxer folder and the ISBoxer Addon (and reboot PC before install) or could there be config issues left elsewhere ?

I don't understand where the info is being pulled from of my login details and my list of WoW characters for example. I do the above and yet this info and more stays on a new install.
Last edited by jacksj1 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 am

Re: Uninstall and fresh install

Having some problems I can't solve so want to try a fresh install and clean config.

Is it enough to delete the ISBoxer folder and the ISBoxer Addon (and reboot PC before install) or could there be config issues left elsewhere ?

File -> Clear

I don't understand where the info is being pulled from of my login details and my list of WoW characters for example.

ISBoxer scans your World of Warcraft\WTF\Account folder to retrieve your accounts and the characters on them. WoW does not delete these folders when you rename, delete, transfer etc your characters, so you may have old files that cause characters to be listed that you no longer have. The solution is to go into your World of Warcraft\WTF\Account folder, and delete any extra account and character folders. :)
<<

jacksj1

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Uninstall and fresh install

Thanks lax. Appreciate all your help and hard work.

Return to General