FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer Suite App

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hilkarus

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

ISBoxer Suite App

Hi,

Is it possible to have the ISBoxer Suite app by itself with just an exe file ?
I cannot use the ISBoxer downloader at work and I don't need InnerSpace here but I would like to be able to use the ISBoxer Suite app to navigate through the options in ISBoxer when I have a break.

Thanks for your help.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Re: ISBoxer Suite App

Just put the ISBoxer folder on a USB drive and bring it to work.
<<

Hilkarus

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Just put the ISBoxer folder on a USB drive and bring it to work.

Thanks very much MiRai. I am sorry I didn't even try to do this by myself.
Thanks again
<<

Hilkarus

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi,

I just tried to bring the ISBoxer Toolkit exe to work and it is asking me the admin rights to launch.

I wonder if it is possible to change that. And also why the toolkit needs admin rights.

Thanks for your help.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:42 pm

It needs admin rights because it usually needs to write files to secure locations (the Program Files folders, and more specific folders where the toolkit is not executing from), so the manifest specifies that it wants admin rights, and thus it demands them on launch. It would be possible to change that (not an end user, but changing the build), but then it wouldn't work for the majority of people who install games to the default installation paths, and there'd be many complaints.
<<

Hilkarus

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:25 pm

bob wrote:It needs admin rights because it usually needs to write files to secure locations (the Program Files folders, and more specific folders where the toolkit is not executing from), so the manifest specifies that it wants admin rights, and thus it demands them on launch. It would be possible to change that (not an end user, but changing the build), but then it wouldn't work for the majority of people who install games to the default installation paths, and there'd be many complaints.

Thanks bob

Return to General