FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cycling between windows.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

darklight2501

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:00 am

Cycling between windows.

My apologies if this has been answered before.

I'm playing EVE Online and am using the END key to swap to the next window. I am using two PCs. On one of them, as I keep pressing END it cycles through windows in an infinite cycle as long as I keep pressing the key. On the other PC, the focus keeps changing until it reaches the first window, then additional keypresses will not select the next. The only way to restart the cycle is by clicking off the main window, then back again. This seems to reset the process.

I want both computers to keep cycling through windows as many times as I press the hotkey. I have opened the settings to the relevant keybind, and they look the same. I have also reset all settings on one copy of ISBOXER, in the hope that default settings would fix this. No luck tho.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:08 am

Re: Cycling between windows.

Sounds like you have a good test environment for this issue, with one working and one not.

Right click Inner Space and select Console. This opens a Console in the main Inner Space window. Enter the command "sessions" and press enter. Compare output on both PCs.

Ideally, only exefile.exe should be listed. If another process is listed, it may be getting in the way of the cycling. A fix for that is usually as simple as one or both of us knowing what else is listed.

If both PCs only show exefile.exe, then it may be related to different in-game settings -- I am specifically thinking the windowed mode. It's possible that the client does something slightly different when configured for windowed mode vs when configured for full screen mode.

I think that's where I would start. Let me know what turns up :)
<<

darklight2501

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:58 am

Re: Cycling between windows.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I entered the commands into the console as instructed. Both PCs (Lets call them A +B) Are supposed to be running five clients each. PC A lists 6 sessions, five pointing to exefile in /evesharedcache/tq/bin and one session /eve/launcher/evelauncher.exe.

PC B lists five sessions, all pointing to /eve/sharedcashe/tq/bin/exefile.exe.

I suspect I have gotten things confused with multiple installations, probably stemming from wanting to run EVE discreetly from Steam. I must say I am confused by this, as I reset settings just before. Unless clearing IXboxer doesn't change Innerspace? Even with save and export?

Can you confirm that the file location is supposed to be tq/bin/exefile? Is the easiest thing to do a total re-installation on PC A? What's the best way to do this to ensure I remove all past settings? :)

--------------------

I'll try a fresh install on PC A and report back. :)

--------------------

Ok, I removed iS/isboxer from PC A&B by deleting the directory. I also uninstalled eve on both PCs, and reinstalled in the default dir for future ease.

I set up IS to point to /eve/sharedcashe/tq/bin/exefile.exe but when I try to launch a slot from the character set, it brings up not the launcher but the old style login screen. Seems I have successfully broken it all. ;p

--------------------

Oh how interesting, I just ran across a post about this eve launcher in Sep 2016. I might try to give that a go as well. At the moment I'm launching a slot from ISB, waiting for the eve launcher to open, starting the client, closing the launcher, waiting for the client to load, then launching the next slot from ISB. After downtime or DC it takes me about twenty minutes to log on.

--------------------

Ok, at this point I'm just trying to get anything working again. Why oh why did I mess with it? :( The effort of having to click one window on one machine to start the cycle would have been nothing compared to all this. :(

I found a post on the duel boxing.com forum from GMbattletech on Feb 2008 that says Dragging the eve launcher from the desktop is the way to add eve to IS. I have done that, but the launcher doesn't seem to open at all. Could someone tell me exactly what file IS is supposed to point to in EVE when you are first setting it up, before doing character sets in ISB?

--------------------

Success! I'm happy to say that by pointing IS to c/eve/eve.exe, I have gotten all my clients back to working order. Both PC A and B are now cycling to next window correctly. It seems that your instinct about that extra mystery client interfering was correct.

Not sure if you are the person who made IS, but if you are I would like to say thank you. I wouldn't play EVE without it, and it would be cheap at twice the price. o7

Posts merged.
-MiRai

Return to General