FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

*10 New issue with Random Window crashing.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MadMilitia

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:01 pm

*10 New issue with Random Window crashing.

Note: I did not ever see this problem 5 boxing. Now that I am running 10 I see it. The issue is when all 10 are logged in after some time one or two will crash. The exception I'm seeing is in the attachment.

I modified my setup to master from the 1920x1080 display as I was seeing my 6700K maxed out. I then went into bios to see if I was running in energy-conserve mode which I was. So I changed it to gaming mode (this stuff is all preset for the user) which looked to be a performance change of 15%. Also worth noting isboxer did notify me several times prior to this that my CPU was underutilized but my 5 box had no issues so I ignored it.

With the bios adjustment and the resolution downgrade I only saw my CPU spike in raid encounters where everyone was doing something. At idle in Dalaran the CPU is 50% utilized and the GPU is 50% utilized. I've seen all of these crashes at idle.
Attachments
wow_crash_isboxer.jpg
wow_crash_isboxer.jpg (62.06 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: *10 New issue with Random Window crashing.

Seems to be a common issue with WoW if I google for it (specifically the search terms: WOW 132 8x85100084), some people have fixed if via various means:
    deleting cache (both of them)
    updating BIOS
    updating graphics drivers (both NVidia AND intel (if required))
    testing memory
    turning off overclocks (including AUTO overclocks)
    making sure cooling is sufficient.
    removing malware
    disabling/removing antivirus
Seems to be mainly graphics related in the end, but it does appear to be something outside of InnerSpace.

There also appears to be some kind of dump file that WoW writes out, that may have clues.
<<

MadMilitia

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: *10 New issue with Random Window crashing.

I reverted the ez-tuning change in bios and the problem went away. Gonna read up more on it. Thanks Bob!

Return to General