FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Configuration Disaster

Moderator: MiRai

<<

GodsHand

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 am

Configuration Disaster

Hello, first time poster here. I am having multiple problems so I am not sure where exactly to post this. I've been using the software for a little while now, and before this it was working as I needed it to. I then attempted to create a new configuration and everything is broken. Even after deleting all configs via "File>Clear" and starting with a fresh one. I appreciate any help, and I'll just get right to it.

First let me describe my setup. I'm using a 3 monitor/3 account setup powered by an i7-7700K@4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, and SLI 1080Ti cards. Middle, and right monitors are 2560x1440 27", while the left is 1920x1080 and I think 23 or 24".

Now on with the issues.

Each game instance is using it's own monitor. When I attempt to swap to let's say the game on the right monitor, it moves from the right monitor to the middle, which is what I want. However it does not move the game on the middle monitor to the right monitor, and it's a 50/50 chance that while moving the right game to the middle, the middle game stays on top.

When selecting either left or right monitors, if I hover the mouse over in game gear items it does not show the stats pop up window. But let's say for example I select the right monitor, and then hover the mouse over items on the left monitor, everything shows up fine.

Separately, sometimes when swapping, the mouse pointer will change to a windows mouse pointer.

I would like to make it so that when I press a key (which I've already configured), it will swap to the particular game instance bringing it to the main (middle) monitor, and sending the background game to whichever monitor the one I've selected came from. For example: I select the right monitor, it brings the game to the middle, and sends the middle to the right.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple issues I'm having, I'll just have to address them later. Again, I appreciate any help.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:54 am

Re: Configuration Disaster

We will need to see your profile.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 am

1st, the viewing of the profile as pointed out would be helpful to determine issues, so please provide that.

GodsHand wrote:However it does not move the game on the middle monitor to the right monitor, and it's a 50/50 chance that while moving the right game to the middle, the middle game stays on top.

I'm going to also suggest you provide a compatibility diagnostic, because when swapping, it should move the games around as expected, and not leave a game on top (the On Top might be something in the window layout, but the compatibility diagnostic will also help with the lack of swapping).

GodsHand wrote:I would like to make it so that when I press a key (which I've already configured), it will swap to the particular game instance bringing it to the main (middle) monitor, and sending the background game to whichever monitor the one I've selected came from. For example: I select the right monitor, it brings the game to the middle, and sends the middle to the right.
If the middle monitor, by default, has Slot 1 in it, then sure, this would work. When you select Slot 2 (lets say this is left), then left and middle swap. If you then select Slot 3 (right), then Slot1 goes to Slot3, Slot2 (which was in the middle) goes back to the left, and Slot3 goes to the middle. I.e. Slots only move between the main region in the middle, and their home slots, and Slot 2 is homed on the left, and Slot3 is homed on the right. If you wanted any other special behaviour where they go to the most recently vacated location, that is a bit more custom and you'd probably need to use a videofx layout to make it all work.
<<

GodsHand

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Here is what you asked for.

Profile:
https://pastebin.com/68Kbsn4k

Compatibility Diag:
https://pastebin.com/uMRhCBzL

Bob,
I could be wrong but I don't think it's anything to do with the compatibility. This all happened today, before it was working as intended.

Thanks for the replies. Please keep in mind I'm a truck driver ergo I'm AFK Mon-Fri, so I will only be able to test your helpful suggestions and reply on the weekends.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am

GodsHand wrote:Bob,I could be wrong but I don't think it's anything to do with the compatibility.
You are right, but some of what you described is a bit weird, and sometimes Windows is helpful and can add compatibility flags silently. Although I can see why now, after looking at your profile. Your window layout has each slot have a Home region, and no roaming slot, so they wont move. This setup is typically used with no swapping.

What I think you should do is create a new Window Layout. Right click the character set, select Window Layout Wizard.
Then, use the monitors collection to set the order of the monitors. You can find this to the right, select the Use Monitors item, click on the ... button which appears, and then put the middle display at the top of the list, and the other two in the order you like. if you have them in order of Middle, Left, Right, then when selecting the layout type of "One screen per Character (Swapping,Leave Hole,Maintain Aspect)" from the drop down, then it will set them up as 2, 1, 3, and 1 will be the "roaming" slot, which, from what you described, is what you are after.

Return to General