FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hiding Menus on Load (Solved)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fippy

Post Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Hiding Menus on Load (Solved)

Here is another thing I am wrestling with at the moment. I have some menus that I only want to display situationally. They appear on-screen when the config is loaded and I need to manually turn them off. I would like these menus to be created in a disabled state, or not at all.

When a charset loads/reloads, I have VideoFX setting up DxNothing. So I thought it might work to go into that hotkey and add actions to unload the menus. The menus disappear briefly when the config is reloaded, but then pop back up.

Edit: This appears to be timing related. If I unload the menus at the start of the action and put a popup text afterwards 5/6 of the clients do not display the menu. This is not just a VideoFX thing, as if I activate the client with the menu then the menu is displayed on the full-screen view.
Last edited by Fippy on Fri May 18, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Fippy

Post Fri May 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Re: Hiding Menus on Load (solved)

Got it.

By not assigning a button set in the menu definition, and instead assigning it via a menu style action later.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 19, 2018 10:45 am

Re: Hiding Menus on Load (solved)

Fippy wrote:Got it.

By not assigning a button set in the menu definition, and instead assigning it via a menu style action later.

This seems a bit abstract, as you can just leave the entire Menu unassigned and load it in at a later time using a Menu State Action.

Return to General