FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Getting started again in EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

banchicawawo

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Getting started again in EQ

My needs are pretty simple, but I'm getting lost already.

1. After running through the initial setup wizard, it thinks my characters are trying to load from C:\users\public\sony online entertainment\installed games\everquest

However, DBG changed the install directory a while ago, so it should be c:\users\public\daybreak game company\installed games\everquest

I see now way of changing that for each of my characters. When I try to export to InnerSpace, it only complains about the first character, not the other 2. I suspect that IS is assuming I'm running on an emulator, which uses the old path, but I'm playing on Live, so how do I adjust the path to the correct one?

2. My other needs are pretty simple. I really just want the Assist me (ctrl+A) and Follow me (Ctrl+F) global keybinds to work correctly, but I accidentally skipped that in the tutorial, and I'm guessing this is a special macro that when you click Ctrl+A, it will fire off the designated in-game hotkey slot that you tell it to program.

3. Aside from that, I want one of my hotbars to be broadcast to my other 2 toons, but only that one hotbar. I'm not sure if there's a way to do that with clicking the specific spot on the screen (all my toons use the same exact layout), or if it must be done with mapped keys, but in any event, I still need to get the first issue resolved before I can tackle 2 and 3.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Getting started again in EQ

1) ISBoxer shouldn't be complaining about where you installed the game at all. This is all InnerSpace. ISBoxer Toolkit uses the Game/Game Profiles configured in Inner Space, and it uses these by the names given. If you are getting issues on Export to InnerSpace, then you need to be looking at each character in the top left of the Toolkit, and checking the see that the Game/Game Profile dropdowns are correctly set to the appropriate value to launch your correct version of the game. If you need to get InnerSpace to use the correct installation of the game, then you can either edit an existing Game Profile in InnerSpace, or Add a new Game.

2)The default EQ setup normally uses a Target Slot/ Press Follow keybind type approach. These would have been on the last page of the Wizard for you to set. This post is still relevant and covers what you need to do. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247. Note: this method does not work the best if you are adding/removing mercenaries from your group. You can make it work, but will require some tweaking.

3)The overlay bars from ISBoxer do not send clicks through to the other games, they send Key Strokes, even if you click on them. So as long as your in game action bars are configured with the default 1 to = keys (or whatever if you decide to change that up), then the result is it doesn't matter if the slave action bars are in different locations, although it does make it a bit weird if you switch screens because the overlay may be in a different location - this is more your muscle memory, you can set each screens overlay to be in a different position if you so choose, but they are not actually required to be overlaid on top of the in game action bars for them to work.
<<

banchicawawo

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:45 pm

1. Ok, I have it running under the correct game directory at least. Even after making the change you suggested, it gave me the same error message, but eventually after trying to save and export to InnerSpace, it finally took. Thanks for the help there.

2. So, the method in the video is not exactly what I want. I don't really care about individually mapping a "target" function so that each active window can force the others to target it. I will be using and controlling my SK 99% of the time, so on my 2 secondary characters, I each have them with a macro to target the tank and then follow him. I have this bound to Ctrl+Shift+= on each hotbar. What I was hoping to do here was so that when I want them to follow me, I push Ctrl+F and that would then trigger Ctrl+Shift+= on the other 2 screens (or even repeat it to the main one I'm on, since that hotkey will do nothing on the primary toon). When I look over the Variable Keystrokes, I see a way of making a default key combination, but I don't see where I translate that into another slot.
The pseudo-english logic would look like: when press Ctrl+F on primary slot, make all other slots press Ctrl+Shift+=. Does that make sense?

3. For the overlay, if I understand you correctly, I can make a grid over one of my hotbars, and just by clicking that spot (regardless of whether or not the main window even has keystrokes for those macros), that will fire off specific keystrokes on the other characters, correct? Do I use "Click Bars" to accomplish that?

Thanks again.
<<

banchicawawo

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Actually, I think I'm good. The way I did this was first created 12 key maps so that Ctrl+Shift+1 (through =) will actually trigger this on ALL OTHER characters.
Then, on my click bar, I made it so that Left Click on every one targeted my self on my main slot (since doing this to ALL OTHER again would create really weird behavior), and then selected the 12 key maps I had made above. For now, I think this will work, but I have to figure out how to make the click bar opaque so I can see through it. Aside from that, I think I'm in a good spot.

Thanks.
<<

banchicawawo

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 pm

And I found the color setting to make them opaque, so that's a plus. So far, working well, but I may make some other key maps directly. This was pretty helpful. Thanks, again.

Return to General