FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Just started mboxing in wow, a few issues that I still have

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Heartwell

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Just started mboxing in wow, a few issues that I still have

Hello friends! I started multiboxing last week and I'm getting the hang of it *now*, but there still are a few issues that I have that I hope you people can help me fix

1) Is there a way to load addons only when I launch multiple clients? Jamba is really useful but I really dislike their quest counter when I'm not multiboxing

2) My camera alignments are wonky, and I tried setview macros to some extent, however whenever I try the camera "jumps" to different locations on each toon. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

Thank you for your time!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: Just started mboxing in wow, a few issues that I still have

Heartwell wrote:1) Is there a way to load addons only when I launch multiple clients? Jamba is really useful but I really dislike their quest counter when I'm not multiboxing

You could virtualize the AddOns.txt file. Right-click on the word "Virtual Files," use the Wizard, and fill in the options. After that, if you create new characters in ISBoxer, you will then need to add those characters to the virtual file, as well.

Heartwell wrote:2) My camera alignments are wonky, and I tried setview macros to some extent, however whenever I try the camera "jumps" to different locations on each toon. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

Are you sure that the camera angles are incorrect, or are your characters just facing different directions? Unless you've got custom camera views saved (using SaveView), then you will have the game's default values.

Either way, you can reset whatever values are stored using ResetView for each camera entry number.
<<

Heartwell

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Alright, it seems I was interpreting Setview wrong. So what I have to do is run /resetview4, then align the camera to an angle I want on each of them, then run /savecamview4? Thank you for your time
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Heartwell wrote:Alright, it seems I was interpreting Setview wrong. So what I have to do is run /resetview4, then align the camera to an angle I want on each of them, then run /savecamview4? Thank you for your time

Yes, you can do that, but you would do that only if you don't want to use the default value for camera angle 4, otherwise simply resetting the view number brings it back to its default state.
<<

Stormfernal

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:51 am

There is also another option to disable the quest counter from jamba's settings without disabling the addon when soloing, which i did, cuz i also hate most of the GUI stuff it provides. If you simply don't "push" the settings to the other chars, it may work exactly as you want, but the other way might work just fine for you aswell.

Return to General