FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trying Making Lineage 2 Work ..

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Antolmant

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Trying Making Lineage 2 Work ..

Hello ,

I am trying to multibox Lineage 2 EU Classic , but I have some .. "paramaters" problem. The game can't be loaded from ..\system\l2.exe and as such , it needs to be load in browser ( company policy ). I bypassed that and I successfully run the game from cmd with the following command :

"path\Frost\LineageII.exe" account=xxx password=xxx -frostGame ..\l2.exe -frostOptions 13 -frostGameNameType cleu_live ( Frost is their .. replacement for GameGuard ).

Now , having that cmd command, teoretically , I should be able to run the game from InnerSpace too , but .. it won't.

I tried many options , but ... it won't work. Here are some exemples :

<Set Name="L2 Default Profile" GUID="1610614430">
<Setting Name="Game">L2</Setting>
<Setting Name="Executable">LineageII.exe</Setting>
<Setting Name="Parameters">path\Frost\LineageII.exe account=xxx password=xxx -frostGame ..\l2.exe -frostOptions 13 -frostGameNameType cleu_live</Setting>
<Setting Name="Path">path\system\Frost</Setting>
</Set>
or
<Setting Name="Parameters">account=xxx password=xxx -frostGame ..\l2.exe -frostOptions 13 -frostGameNameType cleu_live</Setting>
</Set>

The only one which "works" , its :

<Setting Name="Parameters">"-frostGame ..\l2.exe</Setting>
</Set>
Meaning I receive l2.exe has stopped working. For the others I get : The instruction at xxx referenced memory at xxx. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Any idea what exactly parameters should I add in order to make it work?

Thanks!
<<

Antolmant

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Re: Trying Making Lineage 2 Work ..

I think I managed to only show l2.exe has stopped worked ( which is a good sign ) , but now I need to find out how to fix this too.

Still looking for ideas.

Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Inner Space is not compatible with Lineage 2 because it uses GameGuard.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Supported_Games
<<

Antolmant

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:50 pm

As I said, Lineage 2 Classic EU does not use Gameguard. Its true they use some other short of "protection" , but not gameguard.

The think is, if I am able to run the game through a cmd command, shouldn't I be able to also run it with Inner Space?

Thanks!
<<

Antolmant

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 pm

MiRai wrote:Inner Space is not compatible with Lineage 2 because it uses GameGuard.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Supported_Games

Is there a way to communicate through ..say Skype or something ?
<<

Antolmant

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 pm

So ! There seems to be a problem within Inner Space.

I was able to run Quake Champions , which .. is not on the supported games and if I spend a bit more time, I can run x2 clients and start multi boxing in that game .

Now , back to my problem. Again, the problem is not gameguard ( again, L2 Eu Classic does not have gameguard ) because I can't even run the game within Inner Space because I get the error : L2.exe has stopped working. That's not a "gameguard" error , that's .. something in how InnerSpace is trying to run the game.

Any .. tips which someone has to fix this ?

Code:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   L2.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   5a3c6588
  Fault Module Name:   Core.dll
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5a3c6515
  Exception Code:   c0000096
  Exception Offset:   0050244b
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Antolmant wrote:As I said, Lineage 2 Classic EU does not use Gameguard. Its true they use some other short of "protection" , but not gameguard.
A Gameguard like "protection" will probably have similar results. Much like Hackshield and XignCode and GepardGuard all have similar results. They stop other things from loading into the process space, like InnerSpace.

Antolmant wrote:The think is, if I am able to run the game through a cmd command, shouldn't I be able to also run it with Inner Space?
Being able to run from the command line is not a specific requirement of using InnerSpace. Being able to let InnerSpace load the game, along with it's libraries, and it's DirectX implementation is a requirement, and a lot of "protection" software packages will prevent that.
<<

Antolmant

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:15 am

bob wrote:
Antolmant wrote:As I said, Lineage 2 Classic EU does not use Gameguard. Its true they use some other short of "protection" , but not gameguard.
A Gameguard like "protection" will probably have similar results. Much like Hackshield and XignCode and GepardGuard all have similar results. They stop other things from loading into the process space, like InnerSpace.

Antolmant wrote:The think is, if I am able to run the game through a cmd command, shouldn't I be able to also run it with Inner Space?
Being able to run from the command line is not a specific requirement of using InnerSpace. Being able to let InnerSpace load the game, along with it's libraries, and it's DirectX implementation is a requirement, and a lot of "protection" software packages will prevent that.

While I understand your points , the 2nd one might be the problem here and not the first one , and so , with minor updates to inner space, L2 could easily work.

Anyway , I have a question : How do you run a ..game from InnerSpace Console ? I tried : run l2.exe ( while being in the needed directory ) and I receive some errors ( see attachment ).

Thanks!
Attachments
l2.png
l2.png (6.08 KiB) Viewed 10622 times
<<

Antolmant

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 am

I..made it to work , but not on official server , but on private server(s).

I still stand that its an easy fix within InnerSpace to make it work on official server too.

For now I will start setting it up for 2 boxes to feel the joy. For far too long I was looking to , dual box Lineage 2 with InnerSpace ( yes, it's a very good program along with ISBoxer ).

Will keep this updated.

I am still looking for fixes to make it work on official server too and I am very sure that if you make it work there, you will have plenty of interested players. I am also very sure that there are lots of interested players for dual boxing in private servers too. So yeah! Let's make it work on official server too.
Attachments
IMG_20180106_17381671.jpg
IMG_20180106_17381671.jpg (500.47 KiB) Viewed 10615 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 am

Antolmant wrote:I..made it to work , but not on official server , but on private server(s).

It works because private servers wouldn't be running an anti-cheat/hack program along with their client. Programs like Frost and GameGuard don't exist on the private server game client.

Antolmant wrote:I still stand that its an easy fix within InnerSpace to make it work on official server too.

Based on what exactly? Don't you think that if it was an easy fix, then Lax would have "fixed" it years ago since L2 has been around for over a decade?
Next

Return to General