FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist (Alt A) function doesn't work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lasombradeluz

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Assist (Alt A) function doesn't work

Hi,

I'm playing WoW. I've just completed the Quick Setup and am watching the configuration youtube videos. As he's doing the breakdown of the commands to verify setup, I'm doing them as well. for some reason, the Assist Alt A combination doesn't work inside the game.

How can I fix this?

here is my configuration profile for additional informaiton

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/KGqW79Te
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Re: Assist (Alt A) function doesn't work

I assume this isn't your profile, and therefore that's why it's causing you issues. I only say this because you've created 22 characters and 14 Character Sets without knowing that the basic assist function is not assigned to its default value, and, in the profile you've provided, Assist Me is set to F3.

I would strongly recommend creating your own profile from scratch until you understand how ISBoxer works, otherwise you're going to be 200% lost trying to figure out how someone else's profile works when they have it setup in a custom manner, for themselves.
<<

lasombradeluz

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:32 pm

so this actually is my profile - I've configured stuff by looking at videos and guides, then I'd not MB for like 6mo and then come back and try to do it all over again. I haven't really ever gotten past the learning curve. I jumped straight into hard mode by doing a 5man trinity group before I took a break for 6mo. I come back and I can't remember how anything worked. so now I'm trying to follow along in the videos and didn't realize how much customization I had actually done.

I don't know if it'd just be better to reset the profile and start fresh or keep working with what I have. The big issue I'm having is that I can't get the slave toons to move towards the Assist Target. I had it figured out at one point but now I'm lost and can't remember how I got it to work =-(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:45 am

lasombradeluz wrote:so this actually is my profile - I've configured stuff by looking at videos and guides, then I'd not MB for like 6mo and then come back and try to do it all over again. I haven't really ever gotten past the learning curve. I jumped straight into hard mode by doing a 5man trinity group before I took a break for 6mo. I come back and I can't remember how anything worked. so now I'm trying to follow along in the videos and didn't realize how much customization I had actually done.

I would say this happens to everyone who steps away for several months, especially after making custom changes. I would suggest saving that profile to a different filename (File > Save As), then clearing your profile (make sure the filename in the titlebar resets back to default), and then start fresh and re-familiarize yourself with the program.

You can always open up two ISBoxers, side by side, to see what changes you made, and if you want to copy anything over.

lasombradeluz wrote:I don't know if it'd just be better to reset the profile and start fresh or keep working with what I have. The big issue I'm having is that I can't get the slave toons to move towards the Assist Target. I had it figured out at one point but now I'm lost and can't remember how I got it to work =-(

According to your profile, and assuming Ctrl+F2 is set to Interact with Target, in the game, you would press the F4 key.

Here are the basic steps to configure it: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start ... _with_NPCs

Return to General