FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 am

Re: Follow

Someone came in IRC asking about this issue last night, and MiRai had this to say:

[22:23] <MiRai> Jamba has this issue
[22:24] <MiRai> or had this issue
[22:24] <MiRai> that I noticed
[22:24] <MiRai> if you have 'follow after combat'
[22:24] <MiRai> it might just follow during combat
[22:24] <MiRai> so I disabled that and never had a problem
[22:24] <MiRai> but I have ditched Jamba for the time being since I'm reconfiguring my stuff
[22:24] <MiRai> so I can't reproduce the issues these other guys are having
[22:25] <MiRai> it is set to follow 1 second after combat by default...I increased it to 3 seconds...no dice
[22:25] <MiRai> it's a very weird bug

Which sounds like the "combat ended" detection in Jamba might be faulty. I wonder if this setting (follow after combat) has a different default than Jamba 0.4 and that's why it's a new thing with 0.5?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:18 pm

I did not reply to this thread in particular because the original poster's issue did not sound exactly like the issue I was experiencing with the JambaDev version. And also because I was using the development [beta] version of Jamba at the time I was experiencing bugs.

Malyki wrote: My problem is after I engage or get attacked my main character turns and follows the slave and takes a bit to get him to stop following him.

He states his main is following a slave. My issues were with random slaves following my main [when in follow range] while all of us were currently in combat. It maybe sounds like a combination of the bug I experienced and his Jamba not having a master character properly set.
<<

helmhammer

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm having exactly this problem except that it is happening pretty much constantly. Plus I am getting an error from Jamba when I switch windows. /jamba : 'setmeasmaster' - unknown argument. I'm using Jamba .5c

There's no way I can play like this so any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 pm

helmhammer wrote:I'm having exactly this problem except that it is happening pretty much constantly. Plus I am getting an error from Jamba when I switch windows. /jamba : 'setmeasmaster' - unknown argument. I'm using Jamba .5c

There's no way I can play like this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to go into ISBoxer and manually change your Jamba macros from 'setmeasmaster' to 'iammaster'

Also found in the guides section of ISBoxer.com

http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/ ... amba-error
<<

helmhammer

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks for the help. This fixed the error, but switching windows still does not switch Master in Jamba. I'm sorry for my ignorance but I don't understand many of the technical workings of ISBoxer or Jamba so I can't tell which one has the problem.

At least it's not switching in the middle of combat any more so it won't keep me from playing, but any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.
<<

scartomyzon

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 am

helmhammer wrote:Thanks for the help. This fixed the error, but switching windows still does not switch Master in Jamba. I'm sorry for my ignorance but I don't understand many of the technical workings of ISBoxer or Jamba so I can't tell which one has the problem.

At least it's not switching in the middle of combat any more so it won't keep me from playing, but any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Lately, with the new jamba, master switch on PiP swap has been buggy. On one team I have to open up the ISboxer settings GUI and manually reset ISboxer settings to get the jamba master switch on PiP swap to work correctly. Also, make sure your jamba set master command = /jamba-team iammaster all. The "all" tag should be appended to your master switch command.

Mark
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 pm

I've created a Mapped Key, called Jamba.

For me, it uses Shift F1 as the hotkey.
All it does is sends Shift F1, to the current window.

You could do the same as me, entirely in warcraft and omit the mapped key portion.
In WoW, on the Shift F1 keybind I have placed a macro:

/jamba-team iammaster all
/console AutoInteract 0

The first part is what is important, as far as the Jamba master update thing.
Click it, or hit Shift F1 a few times, for Jamba to update to the current toon as the master.

Incidentally, the second portion is the command to turn "CTM" (click to move) off.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
Previous

Return to General