FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Malyki

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Follow

I didn't know if I should post this on the post below or make a new one but anyways... My problem is after I engage or get attacked my main character turns and follows the slave and takes a bit to get him to stop following him. This doesn't happen after every attack just often enough to get on my nerves lol. I've tried redoing the wizard and not selecting the strobe on but still having the same problem so I'm not sure what the problem is. Here is the link to my profile http://pastebin.com/d412dfb41 any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the help in advance.
Last edited by Malyki on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Follow

As of today, I'm having a very similar issue.

If strobe is enabled on any toon.
And then disabled.
Switch toons as normal (which starts normal follow).
When I turn strobe back on, other toons follow the new leader.
But any FTL DPS key pressed, and they all try to follow the original leader.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:35 am

I have not experienced this issue but obviously strobing is controlled by Jamba. If Jamba is not setting the master correctly then you will probably start following the wrong character. I will be upgrading to Jamba .5b sometime today and I'll see if I encounter the same issue...because I'm not seeing it in the JambaDev version that I'm still currently using.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Prior to the recent wow hotfix, I had updated IS Boxer to the new syntax for follow.
It was working smoothly.
I could even switch to a new toon, who became the new master, and to have strobe automatically follow the new toon, without having to disable and enable it, while on the new toon.

After the very small patch, my issues arose.
I'm not sure if they are Jamba related, IS Boxer related, related to a combination of how the two interact, or something else.

I have normal follow, on a character switch.
However, follow will sometimes break, be it by me breaking it via a slave movement key or from a melee toon attacking.
I usually just press my Strobe button (G15 MR key) twice, once for on and once for off, which effectively turns follow on.

In combat, I'll frequently lead with my priest; she's on account 1 / slot 1.
The druid is feral, with a tiny mana pool, so she'll be in cat form on follow.
I'll target one of several mobs in a group, and spam my click macro.
Which has the Warlock, Mage and Shaman nuke away, and the Druid attempt to Mangle (not using IWT/CTM).
The first mob dies enroute to the group, and usually the second too.
The third gets to melee range and dies rapidly to the druid who outgears the other toons by a long shot.

Once the priest has collected whatever, or has finished the quest.
I switch to the next toon, until they are finished as well.
However, at this point, if Strobe is on and I press anything which calls the FTL functions...
By anything I mean, FTL Target Me, or any of my FTL DPS Keys.
The active toon and all the other toons stop following the hot toon and strobe on the first toon to enable Strobe this session.

Disabling keymaps and strobe, and then turning them on, does not help.
Strobe accurately follows the hot toon, when I don't use keys which use the FTL.
But as soon as I do anything which uses FTL while strobe is on, all toons strobe after the first toon to turn it on, not the current toon.
With a melee toon in the group, I'd like to strobe constantly, for automatic re-follow, after each combat.
<<

Sanza

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:40 am

I'm having the same problem, I don't use strobing typically but I tried to use it tonight and my lead char kept trying to turn around and follow one of my slaves every time. Usually I had to enter combat before it would do it, it didnt seem like just hitting any FTL key was the cause. Anytime I entered a fight, even if I didnt touch any FTL keys my main would spin around and start strobing follow on a slave ( very annoying btw ).

I change mains constantly as well-
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Someone posted on dual-boxing, to change strobe follow to pulse every 3 seconds instead of a lower value.
That seems to help somewhat, but does not totally alleviate the problem.
I'm thinking this is more of a Jamba issue, then an IS Boxer issue.
But since Jamba is integrated, it affects us regardless.

My fix was to dual-spec my feral tank to boomkin.
I don't have follow breaking all of the time, as a caster (instead of melee).
So don't need the strobe follow.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:26 pm

I would probably suggest disabling the strobing option upon character switch. I don't think any other aspect of the ISBoxer-Jamba integration is related.

There's no reason why using FTL Assist Me would trigger something in Jamba, unless Jamba is configured to do something when combat begins. Maybe one of the combat-related Jamba options is/was broken? There have been further updates past 0.5a, it's on 0.5c now (as of Dec 23), which version of Jamba are you guys on?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:54 am

I'm doing, Normal Follow + Master update on character switches.

I have Strobe (on my MR key) as a two step keymap.
Which I only really turn on, if I'm traveling a fair distance or will be meleeing mobs and would like follow to automatically resume.
Since I switched the Feral (Cat) to a Boomkin for DPS, I haven't had this issue (basically don't have a melee-slave).
When I'm using the Bear, that's the active toon, and when I'm not using the bear, none of the toons are melee.
So have not tested this in a while.

I am using Jamba 0.5b, will try the update to 0.5c.
<<

Sanza

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:10 am

I have .5c, I'm having some other issue getting master to change every time I swap windows as well so it might be related(using the default keymap setup by the isboxer wizard). I do feel its more of a jamba issue as well though.

-Sanza
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:05 pm

Non-IS Boxer users, on dual-boxing, are reporting follow strobe issues.
So, it is a Jamba issue, and not an IS Boxer issue.

However, we have Jamba integration with IS Boxer.
So it affects us...

Ideally, if we had the options of "Follow" and "Strobe Follow", as IS Boxer options.
As opposed to having IS Boxer have Jamba do those actions.

Not really sure where I'm going on this idea.
Because... most of us will still want Jamba for quest mimic, flight paths, merchant stuff etc.
Next

Return to General