FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New monitor/resizing a DxNothing window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tatanka7th

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:41 pm

New monitor/resizing a DxNothing window

Hey guys,

Just got a new PC, and had to replace the 2nd monitor, which is a different aspect ratio from the old one. Previously, I had the DxNothing window on the second monitor. So, what steps are necessary to get that changed for the new monitor? I set it all up quite a while ago, and don't remember the steps to configure this.

Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: New monitor/resizing a DxNothing window

You can:

1) [Removed] Bob's answer is much better, I have no idea why I wrote what I wrote here.
2) Ensure the scaling of each monitor is set to 100%

That's probably it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 pm

1. create a new window layout for your character set so all your display references are updated (like don't choose an existing one - its in the name).
2. edit your new window layout to your liking.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Well, I was able to resize everything easy enough. I found the DxNothing region in the ISB window, and set it to the new size. Then I went into EQ, and moved/resized the VFX viewers in the DxNothing window, and easy-peasy, that's done.

However, I have a different issue. All the EQ windows freeze up, go blank, and then re-draw every 1-2 minutes. Never saw that before on the old PC. Usually, this will cause the DxNothing window to go blank, and I can't see any of the sources on there. However, they're still there, since I can click where the full-screen viewers would be, and it swaps to that screen, as it should. And I can click where I have the viewers for the hotbar areas, and it will send the click through to the hotbar, as it should. So, still works, but can't see anything. I assume there's some performance setting I need to adjust. Any ideas?

Thanks
<<

tatanka7th

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 pm

OK, the video issue is really bad. So I did go and make a new window layout, since I did notice that, in ISB, even though my region 4 was the right size, it still thought the monitor it was on was still the old size.

So, got in game with the new window layout, and still having the bad video card reaction (frequent freezes, screens blank out, DxNothing window shows nothing when it recovers). Still not sure why that's happening.

One other weird thing. When logging in, the EQ login screens (password screen and server select) is shifted on account 1, compared to accounts 2 and 3 (just shifted down a bit, but far enough that I can't multi-click and hit the buttons on all three). Any ideas on that one?
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:44 am

If you created a NEW window layout using the Wizard, i.e. did not choose one of the ones with "(existing)" as part of its name and it still managed to have the incorrect display settings (i.e. the blue regions still represented your old monitors), then chances are you have a Computer setup (under the Computers node), and assigned to your character set. If you've ever played with multi computer setups, you would definitely have this.

Another option of why the sizes did not reflect you actual monitor sizes, is as MiRai pointed out, you have Display Scaling enabled in Windows.

A really simple test would be backup your profile (File - Save As), then clear it, and make a complete brand spanking new one to see if you get the same issue. If you do get the same issue with a new one, then the problem is not in the Window Layout but something more fundamental, e.g. some other conflicting software, at which point, a compatibility diagnostic might be in order.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:32 am

Neither of those.

The new windows set I created is new, and the monitor sizes shown in the ISB tool are the same size as the regions I'm using. It was my 1st try, where I resized the region manually, where the blue box was bigger (and too big).

Also, I checked display scaling for both computers, both are at 100%.

Oh, and nothing exists under the computer node.

I'll check the compatibility diagnostic.

Note: I fired up just one char after this, and it was fine. So I think the DxN window is the trigger, will experiment further. And one other weirdness. I resized my VXF viewers in the DXN window. The ones which show the EQ hotbars are fine (resized and moved). The ones that are scaled down views of the whole screen, I can resize and move well enough, but each time I go back into the game, they are back at their old size and location. Strange.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:57 am

Are you using VideoFX Actions for your viewers? If so, perhaps all the locations are now different?
<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:50 am

I'm not sure what you're referring to, so I'll have to fire it up and check.

One question: Can the Video FX items be configured in ISB? When I look in there, I don't see them, I only see them when I'm actually in the game.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:12 am

You would normally know if your videofx was configured via Actions in the toolkit vs via the in game gui.

You can't "see" videofx in the toolkit, just setup actions on a mapped key.

I can't say I understand what your issue might be, short of something that is loading/unloading videofx sets or using VideoFX actions in the toolkit, which is why I asked.
Next

Return to General