FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ReInjection of ISBOXER/Inner Space possible?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Manni

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:47 pm

ReInjection of ISBOXER/Inner Space possible?

I have the problem that innerspace/isboxer seize sporadically to function. Meanwhile I assume that the case it this stupid instabilitiy of EQ/AB-Server. I have to systems (win7/win10) with each 9 toons (18 toons, 3 groups). Starting the whole box on two computers with innerspace works. As long as AB is stable there is no problem. But sometimes simply one or more clients crash and after reloading/relogin, commands over inner space are ignored. You know how really annoying it is to camp out 18 toons, relogin 18 toons, setting up all stuff on 18 toons.... is there some kind of reinjection of inner space/isboxer possible without starting all boxes completely new?

btw: export to all inner space computers via ISBoxer does not work. The message, that the export has been done is shown on the second computer screen but no key is broadcasted to the other system.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: ReInjection of ISBOXER/Inner Space possible?

is there some kind of reinjection of inner space/isboxer possible without starting all boxes completely new?

Uhh... no

But sometimes simply one or more clients crash and after reloading/relogin, commands over inner space are ignored. You know how really annoying it is to camp out 18 toons, relogin 18 toons, setting up all stuff on 18 toons....

How are you re-lanuching your clients? It sounds like that's where the problem is.

You should just be selecting your Character Set for launch again, and ISBoxer will fill in the missing windows, and all should work fine.
<<

Manni

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:23 pm

I do exactly that. Preferably from Innerspace -> characterset -> launch. If something is wrong I try it with ISBoxer. Only if these two don't work which is sometimes the case, I adress the charater directly. Mostly it works with starting it via character sets. But nevertheless in some cases the second computer is reachable via inner space, the message in the EQ-clients is there too, only the keys don't work at the other system. If I restart everything new then it works again... :(
<<

Manni

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 pm

P.S.: also i tried to quit it and restart it but it does not react anymore with the eq clients. But worse: it does not show anything in the window screen below so I have to kick it out of the process window and restart it new after quitting all eq clients. This is the case on Win7 AND Win10 - so not a system problem.

Perhaps another one: I need now 2x the try to get all acounts up (there are 21 inside but I only use 18 atm). At the second try he takes the last 3 accounts on the second computer system and starts them. I don't think that should be.
Last edited by Manni on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:40 pm

But nevertheless in some cases the second computer is reachable via inner space, the message in the EQ-clients is there too, only the keys don't work at the other system.

I understand English is not your first language and that's fine, but I am having a hard time understanding what you mean.

P.S.: also i tried to quit it and restart it but it does not react anymore with the eq clients

If you're closing Inner Space, then it is going to lose the connection that ISBoxer made between Inner Space on your two PCs. Launch everything, close Inner Space on one, re-launch Inner Space, and now you have two separate PCs with separate ISBoxer teams. That will be the case until the connection is made again, e.g. by re-launching the team from your main PC.

But worse: it does not show anything in the window screen below so I have to kick it out of the process window and restart it new after quitting all eq clients.

I don't know what you mean to say. What does not show, in what "window screen below", and what are you kicking out of a process window and restarting new?
<<

Manni

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Perhaps it is a basic problem with the understanding how it works (sorry if the english is not correct, it is not my native language).

Inner space connects to the other system with inner space.
If they have connection I can use the ISBoxer-Software for connecting and configuration but for playing it there is enough to go to the right lower corner of windows and start the whole box with the inner space icon there.

But If I want to do that it does not work in the case that one of the clients crashed. So I quit the inner space task (exit on inner space icon, lower right corner of windows). But the task is still there in the system. Exit does not really quit it from the system. Restarting Inner Space does not show the icon on the right lower corner of the windows screen. I have to kill the task in the windows task manager then I can restart inner space and the icon is there again.

I read somewhere at the forum/manual that the box shouldn't be started via ISBoxer but via inner space. From pure logic that shouldn't be a difference... but....
<<

Manni

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 pm

If you're closing Inner Space, then it is going to lose the connection that ISBoxer made between Inner Space on your two PCs. Launch everything, close Inner Space on one, re-launch Inner Space, and now you have two separate PCs with separate ISBoxer teams. That will be the case until the connection is made again, e.g. by re-launching the team from your main PC.

bad... I want to reconnect the two systems again, if something goes wrong...

that means now if something goes wrong on the second system and isboxer/inner space due whatever bug is in the combo I have to completely shut down all boxes to restart isboxer/inner space and EQ :(
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 pm

that means now if something goes wrong on the second system and isboxer/inner space due whatever bug is in the combo I have to completely shut down all boxes to restart isboxer/inner space and EQ :(

No, you don't need to shut anything down, that is what I'm trying to tell you.

You leave things running, and launch it just like you did the first time, and it launches the missing windows for you.
<<

Manni

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Yes, I did that before and it worked.

But this time nothing worked like this. Inner space didn't connect again with the other inner space.
So I exit inner space on the second system to restart it.
It does not exit properly, the task was in the system (task manager)
I killed the task.
I restarted Inner space.
It didn't connected or obviously something went wrong with the connection.

Do I have options to force connection if that is not working automated like used to?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:11 pm

I think you are trying to describe that EverQuest windows are freezing when the game is launching -- this would be an Inner space loader compatibility issue with something running on your PC.

Why don't you try build 6174 from the archives. https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives/

More info -- Announcements: Having trouble since an Inner Space update?
Next

Return to General