FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Alt Key not passing through to games

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rawthorm

Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Alt Key not passing through to games

I currently run a few game clients setup in a DISPLAY1 (Swapping, Avoid Taskbar) setup. Since using this setup any in game shortcuts that use the ALT key (I.E using ALT-F or ALT-X) doesn't work. CTRL-X and CTRL-F Do. Many moons ago I used to use a DXnothing window setup and this passed the ALT comands through just fine. Is there any reason this may be the case?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Alt Key not passing through to games

Since using this setup any in game shortcuts that use the ALT key (I.E using ALT-F or ALT-X) doesn't work.

The hotkeys are unrelated to your Window Layout, unless you've specifically configured Hotkeys right in your Window Layout. (Not usually.)

Alt+F is ISBoxer's default Hotkey for auto-follow, so that might be why an in-game Hotkey configured as Alt+F could be affected.

I couldn't comment on why other things might be affected without seeing your configuration - http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

It might also help to know what game we're talking about.
<<

Rawthorm

Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: Alt Key not passing through to games

Ah, the pre-bound shortcut as it. Clearing it from ISBOXER made it work in game once again. Thanks for the pointer.

lax wrote:
Since using this setup any in game shortcuts that use the ALT key (I.E using ALT-F or ALT-X) doesn't work.

The hotkeys are unrelated to your Window Layout, unless you've specifically configured Hotkeys right in your Window Layout. (Not usually.)

Alt+F is ISBoxer's default Hotkey for auto-follow, so that might be why an in-game Hotkey configured as Alt+F could be affected.

I couldn't comment on why other things might be affected without seeing your configuration - http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

It might also help to know what game we're talking about.

Return to General