FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Please help me setup Follow & Assist. Everything else works.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

microbat

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Please help me setup Follow & Assist. Everything else works.

Hi all, I am new to isboxer, got it 2 months ago and have been using it well since then. Everything seems to work great except for the Follow command and the Assist command. I have spent a long time trying to get it to work but keep failing so hoping someone can help. I am playing EverQuest.

The assist command seems to target my character that issues the command, but it doesn't assist him.

The follow command doesn't seem to do anything at all.

My character set (and most other stuff) was created with the wizard, so it should be setup properly. I have been doing follow by having a hotkey on each character that targets my tank and then does follow and I have just been broadcasting that key each time I want to follow, but I would like to free up that hotkey slot and have isboxer take care of the auto following. I tried changing the auto follow command to make the characters jump and that seems to work, but when it is set to follow, follow leader, follow target, etc, it doesn't do anything.

Where am I going wrong? Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Please help me setup Follow & Assist. Everything else works.

It depends largely on what game you are talking about, as that will determine the potential configurations you may be using.

From your description so far, it sounds like you are using a game which is using the Target Slot method of Follow and Assist. In game, you will either have a standard keybind option in the game options for Follow Target and Assist Target or you will have configured in game macros to perform the /follow and /assist. The binds on these will need to be set in ISBoxer under Variable Keystrokes -> Follow Target and Assist Target.

You can also share your configuration for us to help further.
http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

microbat

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case so I scoured the in game options but there doesn't seem to be a follow or assist command. You have to do both by typing /assist or /follow. I have a hotkey on my hotbar for both of those but I hoped to find another way instead of having 2 hotkeys used by non combat stuff. Also the hotkeys are not 100% reliable because if it tries to follow before the assist kicked in (from lag or something), it doesn't work.

Here is my config:

https://pastebin.com/BdkHQS4q

Think something is wrong or am I just going to have to do it with 2 hotkeys on my hotbar?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:15 am

I might have been too subtle before. If posting in a general forum about a game issue, please tell us the name of the game. I did find it in the profile though (its EQ1), so no need to repost with it.

Anyway, yes, for EQ you will need to make a couple of Socials. 1. with /Follow and 2. with /assist Set keybinds on these (or put them on your hotbars or something).

Then, you will need to set, in ISBoxer, under the Variable Keystrokes, the Follow Target and the Assist Target keystrokes, so the default Key Combination matches your binds for your socials.
It's covered in this forum post in the EQ sub forum viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

I see that you have set your Variable Keystrokes already to CTRL+ALT+T and CTRL+SHIFT+T. I suspect, it being EQ, you may not be able to use multiple special modifiers for this. Try making it a bit simpler.

And a pic to show where the Variable Keystrokes are.

Also, following doesn't require assisting. But it does require a target selection. So yes, if you press the hotkey for Follow (currently CTRL+END), then it will do 2 things. 1. target the active "main", and then do the Follow. It is possible that lag will happen. Press it again. And Welcome to the idiosyncrasies of multiboxing. No-one ever said multiboxing was easy (well only those that don't multibox, then they just whinge about multiboxers).

Return to General