FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISboxer showing parts of Desktop

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Grimfyre

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35 pm

ISboxer showing parts of Desktop

Hey all,

I am new to using ISBoxer and i followed a youtube video guide on how to get started with World of Warcraft....

The issue is, I am only dual boxing (so only 2 accounts) And i selected a screen layout where my main screen is on top and my unused screen is on the bottom row... however since i dont have 2 other accounts on the bottom row it ends up displaying a portion of my desktop instead of filling it in with a black background.

I cant seem to find an answer to how to fix this... can anyone help with this? Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Re: ISboxer showing parts of Desktop

There isn't really a fix for it.

You can, edit your window layout and change the size of the regions (you will find it in the left hand size of the tree under WIndow Layouts, select it in the top left, in the lower left, select regions, and then muck about with the black bits).
Worth noting that it had spare space because it is keeping the view aspect ratio of the windows the same, and you can stretch this on the bottom one if you like, but it will look real weird.
<<

Grimfyre

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

bob wrote:There isn't really a fix for it.

You can, edit your window layout and change the size of the regions (you will find it in the left hand size of the tree under WIndow Layouts, select it in the top left, in the lower left, select regions, and then muck about with the black bits).
Worth noting that it had spare space because it is keeping the view aspect ratio of the windows the same, and you can stretch this on the bottom one if you like, but it will look real weird.

Not sure i understand..

When i watch other multiboxers us ISboxer there is a "black void" left where each screen is located at the bottom of the screen when swapping between the screens..

My problem is that ISboxer shows my desktop instead of the black void that I am expecting to see.. .just makes it looks really bad and not clean...

<<

Grimfyre

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:17 pm

If it helps, this is my current "window layout"

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:58 pm

The "black void," as you say, is the result of one of two things:

1) A dxNothing window when using a VFX Layout
2) The user's desktop is set to a solid black color

If a Character Set does not contain enough characters (game clients) to fill in the regions of the Window Layout, then nothing is going to be put there.

Also, I'll just mention that that's an odd Window Layout since you say you only have two characters in your Character Set. The most regions that ISBoxer's Wizard would have generated would have been three (if "Leave a Hole" is set to true). I'm assuming you edited it manually in an attempt to block out your desktop.
<<

Grimfyre

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:13 pm

MiRai wrote:The "black void," as you say, is the result of one of two things:

1) A dxNothing window when using a VFX Layout
2) The user's desktop is set to a solid black color

If a Character Set does not contain enough characters (game clients) to fill in the regions of the Window Layout, then nothing is going to be put there.

Also, I'll just mention that that's an odd Window Layout since you say you only have two characters in your Character Set. The most regions that ISBoxer's Wizard would have generated would have been three (if "Leave a Hole" is set to true). I'm assuming you edited it manually in an attempt to block out your desktop.

Yeah i finally figured out that i had to use a dxnothing window "behind" the other windows i guess? And anytime i try to turn on FX layout or w/e it just seems to hide my bottom viewpoints.

Also to answer the other question... I had personally added that 4th reason idk why lol as i was trying to figure out how to get the background to be black lol

However now i have an issue when trying to "chat" in game.... Even when i turn on the Key mapping... it doesn't seem to actually shut off? So when i chat it makes my alt go all crazy as it is pressing hot keys.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 pm

It sounds like you've either created your own Key Maps, and have hotkeys on the mapped keys in them, and you haven't added those key maps to the Key Map Toggle.

Or you have set hotkeys on mapped keys in one of the default Key Maps which doesn't have the word "hotkeys" in the name of the Key Map. The ones that don't say Hotkeys don't get toggled on/off, so you shouldn't be adding hotkeys to them (or you can, but then you'll need to adjust the toggle too, as the design doesn't require you to toggle them on and off normally).

Return to General