Pookie25

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Steam Launched game partially works

When I input my steam game for Shroud of the Avatar I used the steam command
filename: Steam.exe
parameters: -applaunch 326160
Path: c:\program files (x86)\steam

With this setting
when I click on inner space and select the game from the top most option the game launch's and I get the option to sign in with steam.
when I click on inner space and select the character team set or a specific character team the steam app desktop launch's but not the game.

the commands from the stream window look the exact same.
Launch Game: Works: Successfully executed '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 326160'.
Launch Character: Fails: Successfully executed '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 326160'.

anyone got any ideas why it will launch the game properly but not the character sets?

So far from what I can tell once this is resolved I think I can use this app for this game. Also, I see forums discussing people saying this works with SOTA but no one has any setup suggestions, can anyone provide some? Thanks!
<<

Pookie25

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Re: Steam Launched game partially works

Well I suppose that ends my adventure in this application. I would buy it if it worked but no response means no testing which in turn means no purchase.

Can anyone from support please chime in on this? I'm happy to try and work through his to get it to work. In the end, this working means more money for you as this game is due to release end of this year. they are gearing up and having live broadcasts about it often now.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:23 pm

No answer usually means no ideas currently.
Steam games are tricky, and it is better if you can avoid using steam altogether. If you must use steam for the game, then as a general rule, you should point to the game exe, rather than steam. If the game really requires steam, then it will open it anyway. If it doesn't need it, you normally dodge a bullet. If it uses any of the steam anticheat stuff, then it probably wont work.

You also need to:
1. Make sure steam is not running before you start,
2. Once the game loads, end task on steam.exe (and hopefully the game does not require it to run - if it does, this wont work).
3. Probably reselect your character set to launch the next toon.

It is also possible, you will need a complete copy of the game folder for the game, because, well, steam games reasonably often have this annoyance of not being multiboxable, but we wont really know that until you get a second copy attempting to launch.
<<

Pookie25

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Thanks for the response, the application seems to be aware if its launched from the exe vs from the steam engine, I'm not sure how.

currently I have two accounts. One account is a stand alone and does not require steam to run and the other is a steam key and when the application is not launched from the steam engine it cannot log in.

I do not have nor does the application require any of the cheat software though.

Oddly enough, if I use ISbox/Inner space to launch the game, it works fine the steam game launchs and I can log in as the steam character and inner space seems to be aware of the program.

Its just when you attempt to launch the game with the character/character set options that it fails. As if Inner space is trying to pass additional data that the game does not like.

I'm assuming inner space is attempting to run the game on a different thread than the next, any way I can get some idea of what commands it uses to try and launch the separate threads so I can test myself?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 pm

When you launch the standard Game Profile (from the top of the Inner Space menu), it doesn't use ISBoxer.
When you launch the Character Set/ or Slots, then it does use ISBoxer. ISBoxer does do some stuff to attempt to work with Steam, and it may be buggering it up in this case (these darn developers keep changing their software).

Anyway, if it works with and without steam, then I'd be inclined to setup 2 game profiles. 1 which launches the game directly, and one which launches through steam. Make sure the one that launches without steam is the one that is for Character Slot 1 in the character sets. Slot 2 is for the steam one. That should resolve the annoying steam launch quirks. It doesn't get around the other non launch oddities.

Another thing to try would be ticking the option on the character set for "I want to launch a Game Profile for each slot myself", launch the games yourself, and then select the Character Set from within the ISBoxer Character Sets submenu.
<<

Pookie25

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:14 pm

bob wrote:When you launch the standard Game Profile (from the top of the Inner Space menu), it doesn't use ISBoxer.
When you launch the Character Set/ or Slots, then it does use ISBoxer. ISBoxer does do some stuff to attempt to work with Steam, and it may be buggering it up in this case (these darn developers keep changing their software).

Anyway, if it works with and without steam, then I'd be inclined to setup 2 game profiles. 1 which launches the game directly, and one which launches through steam. Make sure the one that launches without steam is the one that is for Character Slot 1 in the character sets. Slot 2 is for the steam one. That should resolve the annoying steam launch quirks. It doesn't get around the other non launch oddities.

Another thing to try would be ticking the option on the character set for "I want to launch a Game Profile for each slot myself", launch the games yourself, and then select the Character Set from within the ISBoxer Character Sets submenu.

Thanks!. I will try that and get back with you on the results.
<<

Pookie25

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 am

Just a update. I did get the game to work with the non steam version. I never could get the steam version to work as I wanted.

Once I logged in though I could not understand/figure out how to make keybinds or macros for this game and after a many hours/days of reading forms and sticky's I gave up.

Its just to complex for me to figure out in the limited time I have to do it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:21 am

Once I logged in though I could not understand/figure out how to make keybinds or macros for this game and after a many hours/days of reading forms and sticky's I gave up.

Its just to complex for me to figure out in the limited time I have to do it.

Uhhh... there's a wizard you can use, we even have videos that cover it. There's literally no reason you should spend hours or days of reading forums and stickies to learn how to make a key binding. Come talk to us, don't waste "many hours/days" for something that we can point you in the right direction for.

Return to General