FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trouble with launching WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jbrcks

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Trouble with launching WoW

Hi, I've been multiboxing WoW for awhile now and normally use HKN. Decided to give ISBoxer a try today. Still trying to get the initial set up to run the way I'm use to. I went through the quick setup wizard fine and was able to launch the game but it did so from my main WoW directory.

My setup is 5 accounts with WoW installed in 5 different dir's associated to each account and using symbolic links for the data and addon folders from the main dir to the 4 other WoW dir's. I believe this is a common setup for many boxers. Anyway, I wanted ISBoxer to open WoW from each of different dir's depending on which character. I added the WoW.exe to inner space from each of the dir's and ISBoxer was able to see all the characters from each account. When I go to launch the team, WoW wont launch from the 2nd dir. When I launch any instance of WoW manually they work fine. When I try to launch individually using Inner Space they all open besides the WoW located in the 2nd dir. No matter how I try to launch from inner space I keep getting the same error with the 2nd wow install. I removed the game from inner space and readded it and still getting same error.

Error Reads:
ERROR #132 Fatal exception
Program: D:\Games\WorldofWarcraft2\WoW-64.exe
ProcessID: 2720
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at "0x00007ff87f1b7930" referenced at memort "0x000000000010", The memory could not be "read".

If anyone is able to understand this issue and is wishes to provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated. Also note that when I launch with HKN, all instances run fine.

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: Trouble with launching WoW

jbrcks wrote:My setup is 5 accounts with WoW installed in 5 different dir's associated to each account and using symbolic links for the data and addon folders from the main dir to the 4 other WoW dir's. I believe this is a common setup for many boxers.
Not in this world. ISBoxer virtualises a few files (i.e. makes a copy for each toon, and swaps them in as needed), and other than that, you just use a single install. So much disk space saved, some RAM when playing, and caching works so much better.

jbrcks wrote:Anyway, I wanted ISBoxer to open WoW from each of different dir's depending on which character. I added the WoW.exe to inner space from each of the dir's and ISBoxer was able to see all the characters from each account. When I go to launch the team, WoW wont launch from the 2nd dir. When I launch any instance of WoW manually they work fine. When I try to launch individually using Inner Space they all open besides the WoW located in the 2nd dir. No matter how I try to launch from inner space I keep getting the same error with the 2nd wow install. I removed the game from inner space and readded it and still getting same error.
OK, you have it setup correctly for multiple folders from your description, so the issue it most likely in the installation.
WOw#132 is a farily generic error, that is produced by WOW, and not Inner Space. It may be that there is something not so hot going on in that particular folder, and it needs to be, shall we say, refreshed. Other than that, I would only end up repeating the same stuff that is available on Blizzards site about this error, so I'll leave it as an exercise for you to type it into Google.

You could, if you want, launch your second WoW, and get a compatibility diagnostic on it, but as the others run, then the thing I'd be looking for would be specific application compatibility settings on that particular WoW. App Compat settings are at:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Return to General