FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do you disable all broadcasting from specific character?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Artemix

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 am

How do you disable all broadcasting from specific character?

I always have to manually disable the other 3 characters broadcasting in Diablo 3, is there a way to make only my main to broadcast?. Couldnt find the option.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:51 am

Re: How do you disable all broadcasting from specific character?

During the Quick Setup Wizard, it would have had an option for Broadcast mode.

If you ticked this, and now want to change this after the fact, goto your character set in the top left, in the lower right select Virtual Mapped Keys, and change the Activate Repeat - Active Method to Activate Repeat (current window).

If you need to turn off the other option above of Broadcasting Mode starts on in All Windows, this is in the Character Set. Clear this mapped key.
<<

Artemix

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:40 pm

I dont think that would work, because that means that when I swap from player to player I would still broadcast to the other 3 regardless the chracter, what I want is to only one chracter to broadcast acting as man leader of the group and the other ones never.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

I'd have to disagree and say that it would.

It will only broadcast when you switch, if you switch, and then turn on broadcasting from that toon.

If you set it so it only turns on from Window:Current (i.e. the current active toon, when you switch the new current active doesn't inherit all previous current active things), and you only ever turn it on when your preferred character is the current character, then they will be the only character to broadcast. It does require you to be disciplined and not turn on broadcasting from your other toons when they are an active toon.

What you can't do, is be active on a secondary character, turn on broadcasting, and have it broadcast as though your main was the active toon.

If you really want to limit yourself so you cannot turn it on at all from another toon, then make a new Key Map, assign it to the 1 toon you want to be able to do this, then take a copy of the ISB42 - Toggles, Activate Repeat (current window) mapped key, paste than into the new Key Map, and then finally, update the Virtual Mapped Key highlighted above to use that new keymap/mapped key. As it is only assigned to a single toon, then they will be the only one that every responds to enable/disable broadcasting.
<<

Artemix

Post Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:35 pm

bob wrote:I'd have to disagree and say that it would.

It will only broadcast when you switch, if you switch, and then turn on broadcasting from that toon.

If you set it so it only turns on from Window:Current (i.e. the current active toon, when you switch the new current active doesn't inherit all previous current active things), and you only ever turn it on when your preferred character is the current character, then they will be the only character to broadcast. It does require you to be disciplined and not turn on broadcasting from your other toons when they are an active toon.

What you can't do, is be active on a secondary character, turn on broadcasting, and have it broadcast as though your main was the active toon.

If you really want to limit yourself so you cannot turn it on at all from another toon, then make a new Key Map, assign it to the 1 toon you want to be able to do this, then take a copy of the ISB42 - Toggles, Activate Repeat (current window) mapped key, paste than into the new Key Map, and then finally, update the Virtual Mapped Key highlighted above to use that new keymap/mapped key. As it is only assigned to a single toon, then they will be the only one that every responds to enable/disable broadcasting.

Indeed it works, my bad, it didn't seem an intuitive way of doing it.

However, after doing that my keyboard numbers got disabled, not the numpad though. I had to disable key mapping to get them back, that never happened before to me, is it related to that change somehow?.

Return to General