FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VSYNC disabled when running Diablo 3 on 2 monitors.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Artemix

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:24 am

VSYNC disabled when running Diablo 3 on 2 monitors.

Hi guys, I'm just starting with this multiboxing world, sorry if this is thoroughly explained somewhere, but I can't find a way to get rid of extreme screen tearing when playing on 2 monitors, same model, same resolution (1920x1200), only 2 instances of Diablo 3.

I tried windowed, windowed full screen, full screen, the problem persists, regardless of having VSYNC enabled I can't get rid of it.

If I play only on one monitor, having the little windows at the bottom I dont have that problem, the game runs smoothly.

Any help is very welcome, using 2 monitors fits really well this multiboxing thing apparently, I would have to get limited to one.

Thanks.

EDIT: forgot to mention, the screen 2 (the monitor on the left) presents no visual tearing whatsoever, only the main window.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:03 am

Re: VSYNC disabled when running Diablo 3 on 2 monitors.

Is it tearing on both?

The monitor refresh rate is governed by the primary monitor, so the secondary may not be refreshing at the same time (a few Mhz here and there will cause some annoyances). Nothing you can do about this, it is just the way Windows 10 is designed (I'd find the proper "official" link but this one popped up and it kinda explains it) - apparently Windows 7 worked better.

Depending on whether the game supports triple buffering or not, then VSYNC may also cause you to halve your FPS at times (hence the GSYNC and FreeSYNC monitors where it is adaptive - although suckily enough they still fail with the multimonitor issue where the sync rate is set by the primary). This way out there thread explains it quite succinctly.

ISBoxer also disables VSYNC by default on your character set, so even if it is set in game or in the driver, it will be overridden.
<<

Artemix

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 am

bob wrote:Is it tearing on both?

The monitor refresh rate is governed by the primary monitor, so the secondary may not be refreshing at the same time (a few Mhz here and there will cause some annoyances). Nothing you can do about this, it is just the way Windows 10 is designed (I'd find the proper "official" link but this one popped up and it kinda explains it) - apparently Windows 7 worked better.

Depending on whether the game supports triple buffering or not, then VSYNC may also cause you to halve your FPS at times (hence the GSYNC and FreeSYNC monitors where it is adaptive - although suckily enough they still fail with the multimonitor issue where the sync rate is set by the primary). This way out there thread explains it quite succinctly.

ISBoxer also disables VSYNC by default on your character set, so even if it is set in game or in the driver, it will be overridden.

That's weird, all my games always execute on the one on the right without FPS or VSYNC issues, which makes me think that's the main monitor on Windows, right?. In any case, I didn't see that VSYNC option in ISboxed, I will check it out when I get home.
<<

Artemix

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 am

Problem fixed after enabling VSYNC in ISBoxer.

Return to General