FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange confusing macro problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DBUndeR

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Strange confusing macro problem

So in my setup I have 2 macro's that I use to leave and join bg's (they are in the map "Other"). For some strange reason they do not work anymore when I tried to change the keybinds, so that I wouldn't join when the key maps were off.

Another problem that I have is that it takes like 5 minutes to export to innerspace, which makes trying out things take extra long.
Could you please help me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xpkfc5h2mmgk ... 2.txt?dl=0

this is my isboxer set
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: Strange confusing macro problem

So in my setup I have 2 macro's that I use to leave and join bg's (they are in the map "Other"). For some strange reason they do not work anymore when I tried to change the keybinds, so that I wouldn't join when the key maps were off.

WoW Macros you create with ISBoxer are set up via the ISBoxer Addon. If you change them in ISBoxer, you must Export to Inner Space and then do a /console reloadui in the game to reload Addons and activate the change.

I am sure you realize this but you have all 3 historic versions of the Quick Setup Wizard's generated set up in here. ISBoxer has come a long way since ISBoxer 38, I would really suggest using the newer versions of things rather than continuing to manually link your original key maps ;)

Part of the problem with your profile is that you're not fully disabling new things and enabling the original things. If you're intending to use General/Control/FTL DPS Keys, you should not have any of Non-Combat/Always On/Combat (the same things) assigned, let alone the ISB42 versions. Alt+F for example is bound in all 3 of General, Non-combat, and ISB42 - Base Hotkeys, and if they're all active, they are all going to fire when you press Alt+F.

Another problem that I have is that it takes like 5 minutes to export to innerspace, which makes trying out things take extra long.

Yeah, the size and number of teams in your ISBoxer Profile is going to have a big effect on that. ISBoxer Addon is generating macros separately for each Character Set + Character combo. So if you no longer use some of your Character Sets, you would save time when Exporting by removing them from your profile. I would note that you've also got 2 copies of various Characters, e.g. "Dreamer" and "Dreamer-Icecrown" are the same Character in the game, but have separate files due to separate settings in ISBoxer, and ISBoxer will also be calculating the macros separately.

So merging your duplicate Characters would help. Sticking to one of the versions of the Key Maps (and removing the others...) would also reduce the size of your ISBoxer Profile, which will in turn speed up Exporting.

If it were me in your position, here is what I would do:
1. Save your current ISBoxer Profile as some other filename with File->Save As.
2. Open a second instance of ISBoxer Toolkit
3. Within the second instance, do a File->Clear and get rid of the ISBoxer 38-41 setup
4. Use the Quick Setup Wizard to set up a current team
5. Copy custom WoW Macro Sets into the new profile. In the original instance with your old (current) profile, you can right click a WoW Macro Set in the game helper (e.g. right click "Heals") and select Copy to Clipboard; then in the new profile, right click "WoW Macro Sets" and select Paste from Clipboard.
6. In the original instance open "FTL DPS Keys". Most of your changes to this can be added to the new profile with the Mapped Key Wizard and "Straight Key Broadcast"; use your original list to set up your new list. Set up your custom additions generally in "ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys".

I'm mildly concerned about your "Rebirth" Mapped Key. It has Round-robin ticked, but each Target is a specific Character. If you have one person in a room and you tell him to take turns with everyone in that room pushing a button (e.g. rebirth), he's only going to take turns with himself. So the round-robin option in your Rebirth mapping is doing nothing. If you know that and just left it for the sake of not having to go through and un-tick it that's fine and I understand, but if you really intended it to be doing a round-robin pattern you'll have to make some changes :)

Return to General