FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ] How do I launch another session after loading char set?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zimmerz

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 pm

[EQ] How do I launch another session after loading char set?

I'm running dual monitors, and am trying to figure out how to launch another instance of EQ after I have already loaded my normal character set (sort of like WinEQ 2, where you can launch another session at any time). I've tried launching it like normal with Innerspace, but the new instance becomes "inactive" and unusable.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: [EQ] How do I launch another session after loading char set?

If you look at your current character set you will see a 'Also Launch' section at the bottom. Drag another character set in there to launch multiple character sets. If you didn't want the second set active all the time then just close them down until you need them. Not 100% sure if launching multiple sets like this on the same computer will interfere overlying window layouts or what not. Hope this helps.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 am

Also Launch will only allow you to launch another set on another PC. I'm not sure what you mean by "inactive and unusable" -- if you launched it with IS it should mostly behave as a normal EQ window. I'm not really clear on what features you want in this added window (e.g. whether you want broadcasting to work, etc).

One thing you can do, if this sounds like what you want, is make another Character Set that includes "another instance". It has to use the same Window Layout, so add another region to your existing Window Layout. Anyway, then you can just select the new Character Set (while playing your first guy) and it'll launch the missing character, with your Window Layout, and if you have different settings for the new Character Set, it will load them (except for Window Layout and a few other things)
<<

zimmerz

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 pm

lax wrote:Also Launch will only allow you to launch another set on another PC. I'm not sure what you mean by "inactive and unusable" -- if you launched it with IS it should mostly behave as a normal EQ window. I'm not really clear on what features you want in this added window (e.g. whether you want broadcasting to work, etc).

One thing you can do, if this sounds like what you want, is make another Character Set that includes "another instance". It has to use the same Window Layout, so add another region to your existing Window Layout. Anyway, then you can just select the new Character Set (while playing your first guy) and it'll launch the missing character, with your Window Layout, and if you have different settings for the new Character Set, it will load them (except for Window Layout and a few other things)

I know im bad at explaining things, so I will try again. Say I have a character set of 4 boxes. I load those up, play for a few hours or whatnot, then a friend needs me to log his account in to loot an item. With WinEQ I could simply open another session to log his account in (random account, not needing to have a player "profile" set up for that account). The problem I have with ISBoxer, is that when I launch that new session, the box shrinks down to 1/4 size like it should, but instead of going to the second monitor, it goes to the main monitor, and "freezes". Pure black background, Windows shows it as "not responding".

Return to General