FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest How to send a return/enter key

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mxdog

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Everquest How to send a return/enter key

I have been playing with this all morning and can not seem to get this to work. I am trying to paste some text from the clip board and then send the enter key to send it in chat

I am using mapped keys to send to self and the steps are ... 1- send text to clip board 2-send / key to everquest to get the cursor in the chat box 3- paste the text 4- send the enter key to hopefully send the text ( execute the line ) .
this work just fine up to step 4 but I never get the return key in the chat so I have to hit it myself and everquest doesn't seem to have a way to map that key to another (reserved)

I am just not sure why it doesn't work the focus should be on the chat windows line so the return should just be another keystroke or maybe isboxer is not sending a true return? I don't know what EQ needs, LF or CR LF ? But at this point it just eats the step.

As far as I can tell there is no way in isboxer to send ctrl characters which would be an awesome addition btw I would love to be able to format line feeds for buttons and sending text and in this case a return key ^CR^LF ??? not being able to put 2 or 3 lines on a hotbutton is a bummer.

So any help with this would be much appreciated.

or as an aside maybe someone can tell me how to stop a running macro in mq2 with a keypress or key combo that is another one of the mysteries of the day for me I can not find anywhere ..and seems like such a basic thing ( do until ctrl-x ) or some such.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Re: Everquest How to send a return/enter key

To send enter, you use a Keystroke Actions -> KeyStroke Action, set it to Enter, and set the target to receive it.

<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Further to this, you can put short commands as a bunch of keystroke actions in EQ (not sure if this applies to EQ2, but should do). Using the clipboard can get hinky if you end up with multiple toons trying to use it at the same time for different strings.

If doing this, you are limited to about 14 characters, including the space/enter etc. So when using something like /inv or /tar you have 8 characters for the name.

Can also put it all in the one step if you really want to use Keystring Actions (although this comes back to hinky).....
<<

mxdog

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks for the reply it just doesn't seem to work for me after a paste and sometimes a string. Your first example works like a champ.. The second one is hit and miss at best. I can get it to paste whatever I want but it just will not take the enter key. It may be a timing/scan issue since it works fine sending individual letters. I was thinking maybe it takes to long with the paste and the game misses the Enter? I tried the Do Not advance at the top ..but I think that's for the actual mapped keys steps not the action steps. I have it working but will have to make a few keys to replace my paste shortcut attempt. I don't know if this is a bug or just my system causing this.

PS: Great examples that's how its done :)
<<

bob

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:31 am

You might be right about the game being a bit slot with the paste from clipboard. You could try putting the ENTER action in a second step. Then on the Mapped key if you set the properties to execute a step on "press or release" it will run step 1 on the keypress and step 2 on when you let it go, giving it a little delay (which will be how long you hold the key down for), so the in game Paste may have taken place (and in fact, you should in theory be able to see it happening)..

No guarantees it will work as it is relying on the game doing things when you want it to.
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:54 am

mxdog wrote:Your first example works like a champ.. The second one is hit and miss at best.

Mixing key strings and spelling of letters doesn't work well in EQ. Use one or the other, but not both in the same step.

Return to General