FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

About Mouse broadcasting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ieternitytimei

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 am

About Mouse broadcasting

Hello! I'm kinda new to IsBoxer, as i'm still in my frial triat (definitely will buy it though). From now, everything is working like a charm. I jsut have 1 issue : When I enable Repeater, it enables both Key broadcasting AND mouse broadcasting. My game is made in a way that there is no function to synchronize the camera, and that's nearly impossible to accurately set the camera with hands (or maybe there's a "sync camera" function that works for all game?). This means I cannot use the mouse broadcasting since it would mess up all my character's position. Is there a way to separate Key broadcasting and mouse broadcasting ? Like I would like to toggle ON only keys broadcasting and not mouse. Thanks in advance!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 am

Re: About Mouse broadcasting

Yes absolutely, BUT it may also help to think about the problem a different way. You didn't mention which game so we can't make an assumption there, but generally speaking if you want keys but not mouse, you can probably just map the specific keys you need. The Mapped Key Wizard can even help you set up all of them at once pretty quickly. So for example ...

1. Wizards Menu -> Mapped Key Wizard
2. It asks for a Key Map to put them in, select "ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys"
3. It asks what type of Mapped Key to set up, select "Straight Key Broadcast" (this will operate the same as you get via Broadcasting)
4. It asks what keys to set up. Click in the "press keys here" box and press all of the keys that you need for general use (which is not every single key on the keyboard, right?). Be advised that if you need modifiers, like Shift+X, you want to press Shift+X in this box and not Shfit and X separately.
4a. Also set the Target (Window:All w/ Current)
4b. You may want to enable the "Hold" option, which makes sure the keys are held down by ISBoxer (in all the windows) as long as you're pressing it
5. Finish the wizard
6. Export to Inner Space

That is the recommended process for pretty much any game.

But, you can also either modify the basic Repeater toggles in the "ISB42 - Toggles" Key Map (either "Activate Repeat (all windows)" or "Activate Repeat (current window)" depending on whether or not it's set to toggle in all windows or the current window from the Quick Setup Wizard) or use the Mapped Key Wizard to set up a separate "Broadcasting Toggler", and then modify it to drop mouse broadcasting. What you would be looking for is an Action in Step 1 that shows "Repeater mouse On keyboard On -> all" (or -> self). If you select this Action you will have a check box for Mouse repeat, just un-tick the box and the toggle will no longer affect mouse broadcasting.
<<

ieternitytimei

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Re: About Mouse broadcasting

Thanks for your answer. The game is question is AruaROSE (I'm not sure if you know this, but worth giving it a try!)

I'll be experimenting the way you told me this week-end. :)

Return to General