FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] can't get key mapping to work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dreid

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:53 am

can't get key mapping to work

Hey all,
I'm just started a second account in WoW and subscribed/downloaded ISBoxer. I am having trouble getting it to work. I've read the quick start guide (which was helpful with many other problems I had) and spoke with two people in the chat room briefly but had to leave before solving the problem. Basically this what I did and what is happening.
After creating my new characters (one on each of my battle.net accounts) I used ISBoxer's quick setup wizard. I did not see my characters so I typed them in and the account names, finished set up and exported the team. The boxer stated the game didn't have the second account but ISBoxer is defaulted to the first. I click it could make the changes and launched. Broadcasting keys worked but mapping did not. I checked to see if the addons were enabled, which they were. I then made the team again, but making sure to have the second account associated with the character on that account, still didn't work. I also tried changing the slots the characters were in, that didn't do anything either. My key map default hotkeys are all listed in the ISBox correctly. They only hot keys I could get to work are Shift+Alt+R for broadcasting on/off, and Shift+Alt+M for key mapping on/off, and the last time I tried it, those didn't even work. On one launch selecting the inactive character in game and hitting Alt+Backspace but a ingame "star" mark on the characters head but that was the only hotkey that ever did anything else.
Any ideas how to precede, I'm eager to try this out :D ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:03 am

Re: can't get key mapping to work

dreid wrote:On one launch selecting the inactive character in game and hitting Alt+Backspace but a ingame "star" mark on the characters head but that was the only hotkey that ever did anything else.

If Alt+Backspace put a mark on some character, then it sounds like you might have at least one conflicting key binding in the game. You can try disabling Addons other than the ISBoxer Addon, and you can also try resetting your in-game key bindings (with the button at the top of the key bindings window).

Another thing you can do to help diagnose the issue is to hit Shift+Alt+D. This should make all of your characters dance. If it doesn't, try hitting Ctrl+Alt+D instead and it should make your current character dance. If Ctrl+Alt+D does not work, then either the ISBoxer Addon is not enabled, or it failed to configure the key bindings. If Ctrl+Alt+D does work, then the ISBoxer Addon should be working fine in that particular window. If Ctrl+Alt+D works, but Shift+Alt+D does not, then you either have Key Maps off, or you made a change in ISBoxer that changed the default behavior.
<<

dreid

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: can't get key mapping to work

Hey,
It still wasn't working and the addon was enabled so I went with you last suggestion, I did something to the default settings some how. Since I didn't know what I did, I just uninstalled and reinstalled ISBoxer and presto! ISBoxer is working like a charm, key mapping and all. Thank you so much for your help! Cheers, and good hunting! :D

Return to General