FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to Launch RIFT

Moderator: MiRai

<<

RavenSkye

Post Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:27 am

Unable to Launch RIFT

So, it's my first time trying to multibox with Rift since it's new update, Star Fall Prophecy. I had a lack of subscription with Lavish for a few weeks.

Anyway
So, I set up new teams (because only 2 can go to SPF now). Exported to Innerspace. I start up my team by team or by individual in team. Glyph opens, asks for login, do that, it logs in and I hit play. That is as far as it goes. Nothing else launches, no RIFT game, glyph closes as usual when a game should open. I look in Task Manager and there is the error handler for glyph as it always is when I start the game.

If I dont use innerspace and manually launch Glyph and login, it works fine, launches into the game and everything. Nothing on my system has changed, not sure what to make of it or what I should check and do.

Help is appreciated :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Re: Unable to Launch RIFT

As it's been out for a month and this appears to be the first issue involving the update, then it seems to be more likely a local issue. Probably the best place to start is a compatibility diagnostic.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:59 pm

bob wrote:As it's been out for a month and this appears to be the first issue involving the update, then it seems to be more likely a local issue. Probably the best place to start is a compatibility diagnostic.

For other reasons, I had to do a Win10 reinstallation. Now though, the launcher wont even launch when previously the launcher would but after hitting play, nothing would happen.

Here is the diagnostics for the launcher
http://pastebin.com/n4Bn0SCG
<<

bob

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Nothing particularly obvious sticks out in the launcher process, and as it is the game that is failing to load, I'm surprised you chose the launcher to grab the report on.

Anyway. Out of your running processes the major one sticking out is Overwolf. With it's overlay running it is a good candidate for not playing nice with Inner Space. Try disabling the overlay, or shutting down the whole shebang, and see if that helps.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 pm

bob wrote:Nothing particularly obvious sticks out in the launcher process, and as it is the game that is failing to load, I'm surprised you chose the launcher to grab the report on.

Anyway. Out of your running processes the major one sticking out is Overwolf. With it's overlay running it is a good candidate for not playing nice with Inner Space. Try disabling the overlay, or shutting down the whole shebang, and see if that helps.

I'll try that with the launcher, reason I selected the launcher this time is becuase it's NOT loading that now either... before win10 reinstall last night it was the game not launching but launcher was. Overwolf I just installed like a few mins before responding again just to see what it was (installation from reinstall of g13 software)
<<

RavenSkye

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:52 pm

bob wrote:Nothing particularly obvious sticks out in the launcher process, and as it is the game that is failing to load, I'm surprised you chose the launcher to grab the report on.

So again, before last night reinstall of win10, Glyph would launch, rift would not after hitting play after loging.

Now, launcher wont launch at all. Overwolf is completely disabled and uninstalled, no glyph. Thus again.. ran the diagnostic with Glyph since that is the first area having trouble.

Rechecked: http://pastebin.com/Xqaik6nT

I dont know what else to do. It worked fine and for a long time before SFP started, didn't have a second upgrade until now, so restarted subscription. Been a week now since subscription restart and yet to be able to use it.

Here is the diagnostics with the game running http://pastebin.com/xpVZvBqL
<<

RavenSkye

Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:58 am

So, yeah I know.. more info ugh :p

I went through innerspace/isboxer reconfiguration for the game. Got the launcher to launch, logged in.. started doing it's initialization to start the game.... went no where. The launcher would sit in task manager but wouldnt load the game. Did a new diagnostic, if this helps. I'm about frustrated with this...

So, did the diagnostic again with manual launch of the game
http://pastebin.com/nZpMaw7Q
<<

bob

Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:18 am

I can't see anything major in the diagnostics that might cause a problem, beyond the NVidia 3d driver which in theory shouldn't be an issue.

You might need to wait until Lax or someone can take a look to see if it is something common or local only. If you only just res-ubbed for this specifically, you can request a refund via your lavishsoft.com account; Lax is pretty generous anyway - I've seen him credit people equal (and more) compensatory sub time when they have issues like this that take a while to resolve. At the end of the day it is more about sticking around until it is/can be resolved.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:18 am

bob wrote:I can't see anything major in the diagnostics that might cause a problem, beyond the NVidia 3d driver which in theory shouldn't be an issue.

You might need to wait until Lax or someone can take a look to see if it is something common or local only. If you only just res-ubbed for this specifically, you can request a refund via your lavishsoft.com account; Lax is pretty generous anyway - I've seen him credit people equal (and more) compensatory sub time when they have issues like this that take a while to resolve. At the end of the day it is more about sticking around until it is/can be resolved.

Yeah, will try to stick with it.

I closed down a lot of the nvidia running stuff, didn't change anything.
I see in task manager details Rift_x64.exe is "suspended". Just tries, initializing rift, verifying, and... poof. lol nothing.

I've disabled everything I possibly could JUST to test everything. So, hopefully Lax can help.. kind of want to smash things lol Thanks for trying though :) Appreciate it
<<

RavenSkye

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Still no help on this...
:|
Next

Return to General