FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to Launch RIFT

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Unable to Launch RIFT

I will have a test when I get home, but it seems unlikely the issue is not local to your computer as you are the only one to have reported this so far.
I did notice that there was a RiftCrashHandler process loaded as well as the usual GlyphCrashHandler. I don't recall seeing that one before, so it is possible that it is interfering with the launch process (this has happened with other games), but it still seems unlikely or we'd have more Riftees in here.

It has been known that shelling out to an admin command prompt and doing a "sfc /scannow" can fix the odd issue.
Perhaps something is corrupt somewhere but doesn't interfere when running the game normally. There have been a few unexplained cases where despite no obvious signs of anything being wrong, and games running correctly when run without Inner Space, a windows reinstall has been required to fix whatever was not working correctly. This is after those same people have exhausted other avenues of shutting down all non-essential processes, removing and reinstalling games/drivers/Inner Space (and ISBoxer), etc. Finally they resorted to the old format and reinstall and it all of a sudden worked, despite them installing exactly the same things.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:11 pm

I'm just going to chime in and say that I, personally, have not had an issue with either the 32-bit, or 64-bit versions of RIFT running through Inner Space when launching a Character Set. Have you tried using the 32-bit version? You can switch to it in the Glyph launcher general settings, and you may have to disable "use same bit clients" in Inner Space.
<<

RavenSkye

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:48 am

MiRai wrote:I'm just going to chime in and say that I, personally, have not had an issue with either the 32-bit, or 64-bit versions of RIFT running through Inner Space when launching a Character Set. Have you tried using the 32-bit version? You can switch to it in the Glyph launcher general settings, and you may have to disable "use same bit clients" in Inner Space.

Tried that, didn't change anything. HOWEVER. I did just find out RIFT is installed on my main drive AND my second drive (smacks people in the house for that). Though, it didn't show to uninstall both. So did that uninstallation, removed from files, on both. Rebooted, reinstalled, but glyph kept wanting to update not install. Took a bit to figure out but finally getting it to install and it's updating too. Will take a while, will see if this makes any difference.. and hit someone else in the face with a bat
<<

RavenSkye

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:29 am

Well, nothing worked.
Its pointing to 32bit now, still doesn't load. This is crap. Nothing has changed on my system other than a reformat/reinstall and a few drivers from nvidia before rift/isboxer was installed. Nothing more I can do I guess, I can't refund the second SFP and I can't fix this issue.

bah...
Previous

Return to General